An analysis of the inverse kinematics for a 5-DOF manipulator
- 522 Downloads
This paper proposes an analytical solution for a 5-DOF manipulator to follow a given trajectory while keeping the orientation of one axis in the end-effector frame. The forward kinematics and inverse kinematics for a 5-DOF manipulator are analyzed systematically. The singular problem is discussed after the forward kinematics is provided. For any given reachable position and orientation of the end-effector, the derived inverse kinematics will provide an accurate solution. In other words, there exists no singular problem for the 5-DOF manipulator, which has wide application areas such as welding, spraying, and painting. Experiment results verify the effectiveness of the methods developed in this paper.
KeywordsInverse kinematics modeling and control 5-DOF manipulator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. Guo, V. Cherkassky. A solution to the inverse kinematics problem in robotics using neural network processing. In proceedings of IEEE Conference on Neural Networks, Washington, D.C., USA, pp. 299–304, 1989.Google Scholar
- E. Oyama, A. Agah, K. F. MacDprman, S. Tachi. A modular neural network architecture for inverse kinematics model learning. Neuro-computing, vol. 38–40, pp. 797–805, 2001.Google Scholar
- E. Papadopoulos, J. Poulakakis. Planning and model-based control for mobile manipulators. In proceedings of IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Takamatsu, Japan, 1810–1815, 2000.Google Scholar
- C. S. Tzafestas, S. G. Tzafestas. Full-state modelling, motion planning and control of mobile manipulators. Studies in Informatics and Control, vol.10, no.2, 2001. [Online], Available: http://www.ici.ro/ici/revista/sic2001_2/index.html
- ActivMedia Robotics’ Pioneer Arm Manual v4, September, 2003. ActivMediaGoogle Scholar
- D. Xu. A study on visual measurement and control for robot. Post-Doctoral Fellow Report, chapter 2, Institute of Automation, China, 2002.Google Scholar
- E. M. Rosales, J. Q. Gan. Forward and inverse kinematics models for a 5-DOF pioneer 2 robot arm. Technical report, University of Essex, 2003.Google Scholar
- L. Zlajpah, B. Nemec. Kinematic control algorithms for on-line obstacle avoidance for redundant manipulators. IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Lausanne, Switzerland, 1898–1903, 2002.Google Scholar
- M. A. Meggiolaro, G. Scriffignano, S. Dubowsky. Manipulator calibration using a single endpoint contact constraint. In Proceedings of ASME Design Engineering Technical Conference, Baltimore, USA, 2000.Google Scholar