Influence of Solids Circulation Flux on Coal Gasification Process in a Pressurized High-density Circulating Fluidized Bed
- 18 Downloads
The coal gasification behaviors in the pressurized high-density circulating fluidized bed under various solids circulation fluxes were studied with the CFD method, which combines the two-fluid model and coal gasification reactions represented by the chemical percolation devolatilization and the MGAS models. The numerical method was validated with two experimental cases, and detailed distributions of gas species and temperature in the riser were illustrated to understand the gasification process. To fully understand the influence of solids circulation flux on the gasification behavior, a series of cases were simulated with the solids flux varying gradually from 260 to 1010 kg/m2s, and the composition and quality of syngas were compared between various cases. The higher heating value of syngas firstly increased and then decreased with the increase of solids flux, and it reached the highest value around 480 kg/m2s. The influence of solids flux on gasification process was further analyzed through the contours of temperature, solids concentration, and gas composition in the riser.
KeywordsCFD two-fluid model gasification high-density CFB
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors gratefully acknowledge the financial support from National Science and Technology Major Project (No. 2015ZX07202-013) and National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 91541123).
- Cai C., Wu Y., Zhang J., Yue G., Lv J., Zhang H., Effects of the secondary oxygen injection on the performance of a staged-entrained flow coal gasifier. In: Qi H., Zhao B. (eds) Cleaner Combustion and Sustainable World. ISCC 2011. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2013, pp. 731–737.Google Scholar
- Wang S., Hydrodynamic characteristics in dense transport bed. PhD Dissertation, Institute of Engineering Thermophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China, 2012.Google Scholar
- Yu K.S., Experimental study on coal gasification process in dual circulating fluidized beds. Doctor, Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China, 2012.Google Scholar
- Syamlal M., Bisset L., METC gasifier advanced simulation (MGAS) model. Morgantown Energy Technology Center: Morgantown, WV, 1992. DOI: 10.2172/10127635Google Scholar
- Guenther C., Shahnam M., Syamlal M., Longanbach J., Cicero D., Smith P., CFD modeling of a transport gasifier. Proceedings of the 19th Annual Pittsburgh Coal Conference. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 2002, pp. 24–26.Google Scholar