Numerical investigation on the initiation mechanism of debris-flow under rainfall
- 206 Downloads
Rainfall is an important factor to trigger the debris flow. Numerical simulation on the responses of slopes and the initiation of debris flow under rainfall was processed by using the software FLAC2D based on the soil parameters in Weijia Gully, Beichuan County, Sichuan Province, China. The effects of the slope angle, rainfall intensity, soil parameters on the developments of the stress and pore pressure and deformation of the slope were studied. It indicates that large displacements of the slope are mainly located near the slope toe. With the increase of the rainfall intensity the stability of the slope decreases and so the debris-flow is easy to occur.
KeywordsDebris-flow Initiation mechanism Rainfall Numerical simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chen XQ, Cui P, Feng ZL et al. (2006) Artificial rainfall experimental study on landslide translation to debris flow. Chinese Journal of Rock Mechaics & Engineering 25(1): 106–116. (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- Cui Peng, Liu SQ, Tang BX et al. (2003) Debris flow prevention pattern in national parks-Taking the world natural heritage Jiuzhaigou as an example. Science in China Series EEngineering. & Material Science 46(suppl.): 1–11. (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- Cui P, Liu SJ, Tan WP. (2000) Progress of debris flow forecast in China. Journal of Natural disasters 9(2): 10–15. (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- Cui P (1992) Study on condition and mechanisms of debris flow initiation by means of experiment. Chinese Science Bulletin 37(9): 759–763. (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- Iverson RM, Reid ME, LaHusen RG. (1997) Debris-flow Mobilization from landslides, Annual Review of t Earth and Planet. Science 25:85–138.Google Scholar
- Reid ME, LaHusen RG, Iverson RM. (1997) Debris-flow initiation experiments using diverse hydrologic triggers. In: Cheng-Lung Chen, (eds.) Debris-flow hazards mitigation: Mechanics, Prediction, and Assessment. ASCE 1–11.Google Scholar
- Ye TL (2011) Study of the Initiation of Debris Flow after Strong Earthquake, Thesis for Master Degree, Institute of Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing.Google Scholar