- 167 Downloads
In this article, security challenges related to a mobile heterogeneous networking environment, and the general access patterns are discussed. A novel, unified networking architecture that enables secure heterogeneous networking, both in terms of networks and user devices is discussed. A comprehensive security framework providing a generalized authentication scheme using the Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) is then presented, by taking into account existing methods for secure network and device access.
KeywordsMobile Node Mobility Manager Correspondent Node Medium Independent Handover Extensible Authentication Protocol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cisco Visual Networking Index. White Paper. Cisco Systems Inc., Jun. 2013.Google Scholar
- A. Singh, G. Ormazábal and H. Schulzrinne. Heterogeneous Access: Survey and Design Considerations. Technical Report. Columbia University, Oct. 2013.Google Scholar
- IEEE Standard for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks — Part 21: Media Independent Handover Services, http://www.ieee802.org/21/
- IEEE 802.11u Standard, http://www.ieee802.org/11/Reports/tgu_update.htm
- B. Aboba, L. Blunk, J. Vollbrecht, J. Carlson, H. Levkowetz, Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP), IETF RFC 3748, Jun 2004.Google Scholar
- J. Arkko, V. Lehtovirta, and P. Eronen, Improved Extensible Authentication Protocol Method for 3rd Generation Authentication and Key Agreement (EAP-AKA’), IETF RFC 5448, https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5448
- C. He and J. C. Mitchell, Security Analysis and Improvements for IEEE 802.11i, The 12th Annual Network and Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS’05) Stanford University, Stanford. 2005.Google Scholar
- S. Jiang and S. Shen, “Secure DHCPv6 Using CGAs”, IETF Internet Draft, Sep. 2012, http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-secure-dhcpv6-07 Google Scholar
- C. Perkins, D. Johnson, and J. Arkko. Mobility Support in IPv6. IETF RFC 6275, July 2011.Google Scholar
- P. Nikander, T. Henderson, C. Vogt, and J. Akko. End-Host Mobility and Multi-homing with Host Identity Protocol. IETF RFC 5206, Apr. 2008.Google Scholar
- Open Networking Foundation, https://www.opennetworking.org