Evidence-Based Medicine and the Hard Problem of Multimorbidity
- 603 Downloads
KEY WORDSevidence-based Medicine systematic Reviews guidelines comorbidity clinical Trials
This manuscript was partially funded by grants R21 HS18597, R21 HS017653 from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and UL1RR025752 from the National Institutes of Health. Dr. Boyd’s effort was supported in part by the Johns Hopkins Bayview Center for Innovative Medicine, The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Physician Faculty Scholars Program, and the Paul Beeson Career Development Award Program (NIA K23 AG032910, AFAR, The John A. Hartford Foundation, The Atlantic Philanthropies, The Starr Foundation, and an anonymous donor).
- 1.Patient-centered care for older adults with multiple chronic conditions: a stepwise approach from the american geriatrics society: American geriatrics society expert panel on the care of older adults with multimorbidity. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2012;60(10):1957–68.Google Scholar
- 4.Weiss CO, Varadhan R, Puhan M, Vickers A, Bandeen-Roche K, Boyd CM, Kent DM. Multimorbidity and Evidence Generation. JGIM. 2013, doi: 10.1007/s11606-013-2660-5.
- 5.Trikalinos T, Segal J, Boyd CM. Addressing Multimorbidity in Evidence Integration and Synthesis. JGIM. 2013, doi: 10.1007/s11606-013-2661-4.
- 6.Uhlig K, Leff B, Kent DM, Dy S, Brunnhuber K, Burgers J, Greenfield S, Guyatt G, High K, Leipzig R, Mulrow C, Schmader K, Schunemann H, Walter L, Woodcock J, Boyd CM. A framework for making clinical practice guidelines more relevant to the care and management of people with multimorbidity. JGIM. 2013, doi: 10.1007/s11606-013-2659-y.
- 8.Califf R, Filerman GL, Murray RK, Rosenblatt M. http://www.iom.edu/∼/media/Files/Perspectives-Files/2012/Discussion-Papers/Drug%20Forum-Call%20for%20CTE.pdf. Accessed September 18, 2013.