Update in New Medications for Primary Care
- 46 Downloads
- 1.US Food and Drug Administration. Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. Drugs @ FDA. FDA approved drug products. Available at: http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/drugsatfda/index.cfm. Accessed: September 23, 2008.
- 2.Department of Health and Human Services. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Smoking and tobacco use. Fast facts. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/fast_facts/index.htm Accessed: September 23, 2008.
- 6.Aubin HJ, Bobak A, Britton JR, et al. Varenicline versus transdermal nicotine patch for smoking cessation: Results from a randomised, open-label trial. Thorax 2008.Google Scholar
- 7.US Food and Drug Administration CfDEaR. Early communication about an ongoing safety review of varenicline (marketed as Chanitx. Available at: Available at http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/early_comm/varenicline.htm. Accessed: September 23, 2008.
- 8.US Food and Drug Administration CfDEaR. Information for healthcare professionals on varenicline (marketed as Chantix). Available at: http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/InfoSheets/HCP/vareniclineHCP.htm. Accessed: September 23, 2008.
- 9.Cherry D, Woodwell D, Rechtsteiner E. National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey: 2005 summary. Advanced data from vital and health statistics; no.387: National Center for Health Statistics; 2007.Google Scholar
- 10.Ostchega Y, Yoon S, Hughes J, Louis T. Hypertension awareness, treatment, and control–continued disparities in adults: United States, 2005–2006. NCHS data brief no. 3. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics; 2008.Google Scholar
- 17.National Center for Health Statistics. Health, United States, 2007. With chartbook on trends in the health of Americans. Hyattsville, MD.; 2007.Google Scholar
- 20.Rosenstock J, Brazg R, Andryuk PJ, Lu K, Stein P. Efficacy and safety of the dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor sitagliptin added to ongoing pioglitazone therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes: a 24-week, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study. Clin Ther. 2006;28:1556–68.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 28.Pauwels RA, Buist AS, Calverley PM, Jenkins CR, Hurd SS. Global strategy for the diagnosis, management, and prevention of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. NHLBI/WHO Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD) Workshop summary. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2001;163:1256–76.PubMedGoogle Scholar
© Society of General Internal Medicine 2008