Diagnostic Value of 128-slice Spiral CT Combined with Virtual Colonoscopy for Colorectal Cancer
- 6 Downloads
The objective of this study was to evaluate the diagnostic value of 128-slice spiral CT combined with virtual colonoscopy in diagnosis of colorectal cancer. We retrospectively analyzed 45 patients of colorectal diseases who underwent definition AS+128-slice spiral CT combined with virtual colonoscopy after bowel preparation and gas injection to evaluate the clinical diagnostic value of this technology. All the patients received electronic colonoscopy and were confirmed by pathology. In total, colorectal cancer was confirmed in 42 cases and inflammation in 3 cases. Diagnostic results shows: there were 17 cases of lump, 10 cases of infiltration, 6 cases of ulcer, 9 cases of mixed type, 4 cases of liver metastases, and 36 cases of lymph node metastasis. There was no significant difference between 128-slice spiral CT combined with virtual colonoscopy and electronic colonoscopy in detection, localization and characterization of colorectal tumors. CT virtual endoscopy has great advantages in observing the invasion around the lesion and the presence or absence of metastasis in distant organs and lymph node metastasis. It is also possible to understand the shape of the lesion in the intestinal lumen and the length of the lesion involving the lumen of the intestine.
Key words128-slice spiral CT virtual endoscopy colorectal cancer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Vining DJ, Gelfand D, Bechtold RE, et al. Technical feasibility of colon imaging with helical CT and virtual reality. AJR Am J Roentgenol, 1994:162(s104)Google Scholar
- 4.Wu ZD. Surgery (Chinese). Sixth Ed. Beijing: People’s Medical Publishing House.Google Scholar
- 7.Li JS. The value of spiral CT three–dimensional reconstruction in the diagnosis of obstructive biliary diseases. J Clin Radiol (Chinese), 2001,20(10):774–776Google Scholar
- 9.Zhou KR. Spiral CT (Chinese). Shanghai: Shanghai Medical University Press, 1998.Google Scholar
- 10.Tang JZ, Guo QL, Gao JS, et al. The diagnostic value of multiplanar reformation and virtual endoscopy of spiral CT for colonic neoplasm. J Pract Radiol (Chinese), 2002,18(3):191–193Google Scholar