Application and Prospect of Mixed Reality Technology in Medical Field
- 16 Downloads
Mixed reality (MR) technology is a new digital holographic image technology, which appears in the field of graphics after virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) technology, a new interdisciplinary frontier. As a new generation of technology, MR has attracted great attention of clinicians in recent years. The emergence of MR will bring about revolutionary changes in medical education training, medical research, medical communication, and clinical treatment. At present, MR technology has become the popular frontline information technology for medical applications. With the popularization of digital technology in the medical field, the development prospects of MR are inestimable. The purpose of this review article is to introduce the application of MR technology in the medical field and prospect its trend in the future.
Key wordsmixed reality augmented reality virtual reality education surgery
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.Nicola S, Stoicu-Tivadar L. Mixed Reality Supporting Modern Medical Education. Stud Health Technol Inform, 2018,255 242–255 246Google Scholar
- 15.Shen Y, Hananel D, Zhao Z, et al. A New Design for Airway Management Training with Mixed Reality and High Fidelity Modeling. Stud Health Technol Inform, 2016,220:359–362Google Scholar
- 16.Stefan P, Pfandler M, Wucherer P, et al. Team training and assessment in mixed reality-based simulated operating room: Current state of research in the field of simulation in spine surgery exemplified by the ATMEOS project. Unfallchirurg, 2018,121(4):271–277Google Scholar
- 29.Yetisen AK, Martinez-Hurtado JL, Unal B, et al. Wearables in Medicine. Adv Mater, 2018:e1706910Google Scholar
- 38.Valdes Olmos RA, Vidal-Sicart S, Giammarile F, et al. The GOSTT concept and hybrid mixed/virtual/ augmented reality environment radioguided surgery. Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging, 2014,58(2):207–215Google Scholar