Synthesis and photocatalytic property of the ZrO2/TiO2 pillared laponite
- 120 Downloads
The ZrO2/TiO2 pillared laponite (Ti-Zr-lap) photocatalysts were prepared with intercalation reaction by supercritical fluid drying (SCFD), and characterized by XRD,TEM, SEM and BET surface area analysis, and the photocatalytic properties of Ti-Zr-lap were investigated by degradation of azo dye acid red B (ARB). The results showed that the ZrO2/TiO2 pillared structures in laponite could be formed, with the mass fraction of (Zr4++Ti4+)/laponite (X m ) increasing, the basal spacing and the BET surface area of Ti-Zr-lap significantly increased. The Ti-Zr-lap used as photocatalyst had the advantages of stable and porous layered structure, large surface area with the anatase type TiO2. Compared with the Ti-Zr-lap dried by air drying, the Ti-Zr-lap dried by SCFD showed better photocatalytic property which was very close to that of P25 TiO2. Using the Ti-Zr-lap as photocatalyst with the optimum X m of 0.16 and the calcination temperature of 500 °C, under the conditions of the initial concentration of ARB 20 mg/L, photocatalyst concentration of 1.5 g/L and irradiation time 60 min, the decoloring rate of ARB could achieve 98.3%, indicating that the Ti-Zr-lap had excellent photocatalytic property.
Key wordsZrO2/TiO2 pillared laponite photocatalytic property intercalation reaction supercritical fluid drying
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Li Fatang, Zhao Dishun, Chen Weina,et al. Preparation and Photocatalytic Property of Fluorine and Cerium Codoped Nano-TiO2 Powders[J]. Journal of Rare Earths, 2007, 25 (Spec. issue):146–149Google Scholar
- Bowerk M, James D, Stone P, et al. Catalysis at the Metal Support Interface: Exemplified by the Photocatalytic Reforming Methanol on Pt/TiO2 [J]. J. Catal., 2003, 217(2):427–433Google Scholar
- Tang Jianwen, Wu Pingxiao, Zheng Shaoyan. Synthesis and Photocatalytic Property of Ti-pillared Bentonite [J]. Acta Geologica Sinica, 2006, 80(2): 273–277Google Scholar
- Guo Peizhi, Sun Dejun. Advance in Studies of Aqueous Laponite Dispersions [J]. Chemistry, 2003, 5:312–316Google Scholar
- Zhang Jingchang, LI Qing, Cao Weiliang. Preparation of TiO2-MoO3 Nano-composite Photocatalyst by Supercritical Fluid Dry Method[J]. Journal of Environmental Sciences, 2005, 17(2): 350–352Google Scholar
- Wu Shuxin, Ma Zhi, Qin Yongning. Photocatalytic Redox Property of Doped Nanocrystalline TiO2 [J]. Acta phys.-Chim. Sin., 2004, 20(2): 138–143Google Scholar
- Wu Yucheng, Song Linyun, Li Yun, et al. Preparation and Photocatalytic Property of Ce-doped TiO2 Nanoparticles[J]. Journal of Synthetic Crystals, 2008, 37(2):427–430Google Scholar