Communication topology optimization for three-dimensional persistent formation with leader constraint
- 99 Downloads
We address the communication topology optimization problem for a three-dimensional persistent formation with leader constraint to minimize the formation communication cost while maintaining its shape. We first analyze the formation shape, network topology, communication topology, and leader constraint of a three-dimensional persistent formation to establish the optimization model of the problem. We then propose an exact algorithm, which includes three kernel sub-algorithms, to solve the model, and theoretically prove its validity. A numerical example is shown to demonstrate the effectiveness of the algorithm.
KeywordsCommunication topology optimization Three-dimensional persistent formation Leader constraint Three-dimensional optimally persistent graph Formation communication cost
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Nos. 71671059, 71401048, 71521001, 71690230, 71690235, and 71472058), the Anhui Provincial Natural Science Foundation, China (Grant No. 1808085MG213, 1508085MG140), and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (JZ2018HGBZ0128).
- 6.Cao, H., Bai, Y.Q., Chen, J., Fang, H.: Control of 2D minimally persistent formations with three co-leaders in a cycle. Int. J. Adv. Rob. Syst. 10(21), 1–9 (2013)Google Scholar
- 10.Wang, G.Q., Luo, H., Hu, X.X., Ma, H.W., Yang, S.L.: Fault-tolerant communication topology management based on minimum cost arborescence for leader–follower UAV formation under communication faults. Int. J. Adv. Rob. Syst. 14(2), 1–17 (2017)Google Scholar
- 13.Luo, X.Y., Shao, S.K., Zhang, Y.Y., Li, S.B., Guan, X.P., Liu, Z.X.: Generation of minimally persistent circle formation for a multi-agent system. Chin. Phys. B 23(2), 614–622 (2014)Google Scholar
- 16.Yong, E.: Autonomous drones flock like birds. Nature. https://www.nature.com/news/autonomous-drones-flock-like-birds-1.14776. Accessed 20 Oct 2017
- 19.Pei, J., Liu, X.B., Fan, W.J., Pardalos, P.M., Lu, S.J.: A hybrid BA-VNS algorithm for coordinated serial-batching scheduling with deteriorating jobs, financial budget, and resource constraint in multiple manufacturers. OMEGA (2017)Google Scholar
- 22.Xue, L., Chen, X., Zhao, J., Guan, X.A.: Fault-tolerant topology control algorithm base on optimally rigid graph in 3-dimensional wireless sensor networks. In: 2015 34th Chinese Control Conference, pp. 7795–7800 (2015)Google Scholar
- 23.Atofigh, E.: Edmonds’s algorithm. https://sourceforge.net/projects/edmonds-alg/. Accessed 20 October 2017
- 24.Jacob, B., Guennebaud, G., Avery, P., Bachrach, A., Barthelemy, S., Becker, C., et al.: Eigen. http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=Main_Page. Accessed 25 October 2017