Necessary and sufficient condition on global optimality without convexity and second order differentiability
- 259 Downloads
The main goal of this paper is to give a necessary and sufficient condition of global optimality for unconstrained optimization problems, when the objective function is not necessarily convex. We use Gâteaux differentiability of the objective function and its bidual (the latter is known from convex analysis).
KeywordsBanach Space Stationary Point Nonempty Subset Convex Analysis Unconstrained Optimization Problem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bonnans J.F., Shapiro A.: Perturbation analysis of optimization problems. Springer Series in Operations Research. Springer, New York (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Brøndsted A., Rockafellar R.T.: On the subdifferentiability of convex functions. Proc. Am. Math. Soc. 16, 605–611 (1965)Google Scholar
- 3.Clarke F.H.: Optimization and nonsmooth analysis. Canadian Mathematical Society Series of Monographs and Advanced Texts. Wiley, New York (1983)Google Scholar
- 5.Ekeland, I., Temam, R.: Convex analysis and variational problems. Studies in Mathematics and its Applications, vol. 1. North-Holland Publishing Co./American Elsevier Publishing Co., Inc., Amsterdam/New York (1976) (translated from the French)Google Scholar
- 10.Rockafellar R.T.: Convex Analysis. Princeton Mathematical Series, No. 28. Princeton University Press, Princeton (1970)Google Scholar
- 11.Tröltzsch, F.: Optimal control of partial differential equations. Theory, methods and applications. Graduate Studies in Mathematics, 112. American Mathematical Society, Providence (2010) (translated from the 2005 German original by Jürgen Sprekels)Google Scholar