Preparation of spinel LiMn2O4 with porous microscopic morphology by simple coprecipitation-microwave synthesis method
- 57 Downloads
Spinel LiMn2O4 already has a large number of methods for preparation and modification after many years of research. However, there are few reports on the morphology design of spinel LiMn2O4 by microwave synthesis method. Herein, we provide a simple method for synthesizing spinel LiMn2O4 with porous morphology by coprecipitation-microwave sintering method. And the method is expected to be extended to the synthesis of ion-doped spinel LiMn2O4 with the same morphology. Through a series of electrochemical tests, it was found that the porous spinel LiMn2O4 materials prepared by this method has a high discharge specific capacity of 132.1 mAh g−1 and a lithium-ion diffusion coefficient of up to 2.123 × 10−7 cm2 s−1. This suggests that this simple microwave synthesis method can synthesize pure spinel LiMn2O4 with a porous morphology and good properties. And it has great promise for practical application due to its shorter synthesis time and less energy consumption.
KeywordsLiMn2O4 Lithium-ion batteries Cathode materials Microwave synthesis
The work is supported by Guangdong Science and Technology Department (Grant No. 2016B090932002) and Guangzhou Science and Technology Program key projects (Grant No. 201604020116).
- 4.dos Santos CS, Alves JC, da Silva SP, Sita LE, Catarini da Silva PR, de Almeida LC, Scarminio J (2019) A closed-loop process to recover Li and Co compounds and to resynthesize LiCoO2 from spent mobile phone batteries. J Hazard Mater 362:458–466. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2018.09.039 CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 17.Rodrigues M-TF, Babu G, Gullapalli H, Kalaga K, Sayed FN, Kato K, Joyner J, Ajayan PM (2017) A materials perspective on Li-ion batteries at extreme temperatures. Nat Energy 2(8). https://doi.org/10.1038/nenergy.2017.108
- 23.Zhan D, Liang Y, Cui P, Xiao Z (2015) Al-doped LiMn2O4 single crystalline nanorods with enhanced elevated-temperature electrochemical performance via a template-engaged method as a cathode material for lithium ion batteries. RSC Adv 5(9):6372–6377. https://doi.org/10.1039/c4ra13339k CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 33.Mao Y, Xiao S, Liu J (2017) Nanoparticle-assembled LiMn2O4 hollow microspheres as high-performance lithium-ion battery cathode. Mater Res Bull 96:437–442. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.materresbull.2017.03.005 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 35.Ouyang H, Li X, Wang Z, Guo H, Peng W, He Z (2018) Improved electrochemical performance of LiNi0.8Co0.15Al0.05O2/LiMn1/3 Ni(1/3)Co(1/3)O(2) with core-shell structure synthesized by a coprecipitation and spray pyrolysis process. Funct Mater Lett 11(4):1850083. https://doi.org/10.1142/s1793604718500832 CrossRefGoogle Scholar