Ionic liquids as beneficial medium for electrochemically induced transformation and functionalization of white phosphorus
- 72 Downloads
Unusual application of ionic liquids as the promoter for selective white phosphorus tetrahedron opening and reagent in the electrochemical reaction was described. New single-stage electrochemical synthesis of esters of phosphoric acids from white phosphorus in the presence of ionic liquid in alcohol medium has been proposed in mild conditions. One hundred percent conversion of P4 to soluble organophosphorus derivatives was observed. Ionic liquid promotes the opening of a tetrahedron of white phosphorus, acting as an electrophilic reaction component, as well as an electrolyte and a reagent. The dialkylimidazole diethylphosphonate with C–P bond, difficult of access by other approaches, was prepared with good yields.
KeywordsIonic liquid Electrochemical reduction White phosphorus Esters of phosphoric acids Phosphonates
The authors gratefully acknowledge the CSF-SAC FRC KSC RAS for the registration of spectra (NMR, IR, etc.).
- 7.Khrizanforova VV, Kholin KV, Khrizanforov MN, Kadirov MK, Budnikova YH (2018) Electrooxidative CH/PH functionalization as a novel way to synthesize benzo [b] phosphole oxides mediated by catalytic amounts of silver acetate. New J Chemistry 42(2):930–935. https://doi.org/10.1039/C7NJ03717A CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Khrizanforov MN, Fedorenko SV, Mustafina AR, Kholin KV, Nizameev IR, Strekalova SO, Grinenko VV, Gryaznova TV, Zairov RR, Mazzaro R, Morandi V, Vomiero A, Budnikova YH (2018) Silica-supported silver nanoparticles as an efficient catalyst for aromatic C-H alkylation and fluoroalkylation. Dalton Trans 47:9608–9616. https://doi.org/10.1039/C8DT01090K2018;47(29):9608-16. CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 9.Khrizanforov M, Strekalova S, Khrizanforova V, Dobrynin A, Kholin K, Gryaznova T, Grinenko V, Gubaidullin A, Kadirov MK, Budnikova Y (2018) Cobalt-catalyzed green cross-dehydrogenative C(sp2)-H/P-H coupling reactions. Top Catal 61(18–19):1949–1956. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11244-018-1014-2 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Yurko EO, Gryaznova TV, Kholin KV, Khrizanforova VV, Budnikova YH (2018) External oxidant-free cross-coupling: electrochemically induced aromatic C-H phosphonation of azoles with dialkyl-H-phosphonates under silver catalysis. Dalton Trans 47:190–196. https://doi.org/10.1039/C7DT03650G CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 12.Dudkina YB, Mikhaylov DY, Gryaznova TV, Tufatullin AI, Kataeva ON, Vicic DA, Budnikova YH (2013) Electrochemical ortho functionalization of 2-phenylpyridine with perfluorocarboxylic acids catalyzed by palladium in higher oxidation states. Organometallics 32:4785–4792. https://doi.org/10.1021/om400492g CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 17.Khrizanforov MN, Arkhipova DM, Shekurov RP, Gerasimova TP, Ermolaev VV, Islamov DR, Miluykov VA, Kataeva ON, Khrizanforova VV, Sinyashin OG, Budnikova YH (2015) Novel paste electrodes based on phosphonium salt room temperature ionic liquids for studying the redox properties of insoluble compounds. J Solid State Electrochem 19:2883–2890. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10008-015-2901-0 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 18.Ermolaev V, Gerasimova T, Kadyrgulova L, Shekurov R, Dolengovski E, Kononov A, Miluykov V, Sinyashin O, Katsyuba S, Budnikova Y, Khrizanforov M (2018) Ferrocene-containing sterically hindered phosphonium salts. Molecules 23(11):2773. https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules23112773 CrossRefPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 21.Lebedeva OK, Kul’tin DYu, Kustov LM, Dunaev SF (2004) Ionic liquids in electrochemical processes. Rossiiskii Khimicheskii Zhurnal (Russian Chemistry Journal) 48:59–73Google Scholar
- 33.Chruścinski L, Młynarz P, Malinowska K, Ochocki J, Boduszek B, Kozłowski H (2000) Methylphosphonate, hydroxymethylphosphonate and aminomethylphosphonate ligands containing pyridine, pyrazole or imidazole side chains: the coordination abilities towards Cu(II) ions. Inorg Chim Acta 303:47–53 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-1693(99)00516-2 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 35.Suarez PAZ, Selbach VM, Dullius JEL, Einloft S, Piatnicki CMS, Azambuja DS, De Souza RF, Dupont J (1997) Enlarged electrochemical window in dialkyl-imidazolium cation based room-temperature air and water-stable molten salts. Electrochim Acta 42(16):2533–2535. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0013-4686(96)00444-6 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 36.Krasnov S, Budnikova Y. Developments in electrochemistry. Chapter: electro-chemical transformation of white phosphorus as a way to compounds with phosphorus-hydrogen and phosphorus-carbon bonds. Ed: Jang H. Chun, Ph.D. Kwangwoon University, Seoul. 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5772/53886ISBN978-953-51-0851-1.