Simple synthesis route of glycine-assisted PANi-NiCo2O4 porous powder for electrochemical application
- 114 Downloads
Glycine-assisted polyaniline-NiCo2O4 composite porous powder was synthesized by a simple chemical method. The FT-IR and UV-visible spectroscopy analysis confirmed the presence of the corresponding functional groups. Scanning electron microscopy revealed the porous morphology of NiCo2O4 and a brush-like morphology of PANi-NiCo2O4 composite which helps in enhancing the electrochemical performance of the composite. The X-ray diffraction pattern indicates the spinel crystal phase of NiCo2O4 in the synthesized sample. Cyclic voltammetry and impedance analysis were done to understand the electrochemical performance of the material. The specific capacitance calculated by galvanostatic charge-discharge method was found to be 687.5 F/g for PANi-NiCo2O4, whereas for NiCo2O4 and pure PANi, it was 458.5 F/g and 373.75 F/g respectively. Cyclic stability analysis showed 88% retention of specific capacitance over 1000 cycles for the as-synthesized PANi-NiCo2O4 sample.
KeywordsPolyaniline NiCo2O4 Cyclic voltammetry Supercapacitor Porous polymer composite Glycine
The authors thank the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) of the Department of Science and Technology (DST) (research grant ECR/2015/000208) and the Department of Science and Technology (DST) for research grant DST/INT/RFBR/P-241.
- 3.Wu FS, Wang XH, Zheng WR, Gao HW, Hao C, Ge CW (2017) Synthesis and characterization of hierarchical Bi2MoO6/polyaniline nanocomposite for all solid state asymmetric supercapacitor. Electrochim Acta 245: 685–695Google Scholar
- 13.Wu Z, Zhu Y, Ji X (2014) A NiCo2O4-based materials for electrochemical supercapacitor. J Mater Chem:14759–14772Google Scholar
- 14.Huang L, Chen D, Ding Y, Feng S, Wang Z, Liu M (2013) Nickel–cobalt hydroxide nanosheets coated on NiCo2O4 nanowires grown on carbon fiber paper for high-performance pseudocapacitors. Nano Lett:3135–3139Google Scholar
- 27.Kumar MS, Yasoda KY, Batabyal SK, Kothurkar NK (2018) Carbon-polyaniline nanocomposites as supercapacitor materials. Mater Res Express 5:045505Google Scholar
- 32.Mathew J, Kumar MS, Kothurkar NK, Kumar RS, Narayanan BS (2018) Polyaniline/Fe3O4-rGO nanocomposites for microwave absorption IOP conf Series. Mater Sci Eng 310:012138Google Scholar
- 39.Huang L, Zhang W, Xiang J, Huang Y (2016) Porous NiCo2O4/C nanofibers replicated by cotton template as high-rate electrode materials for supercapacitors. J Mater 2:248–255Google Scholar