In situ synthesis of CuO nanoparticles decorated hierarchical Ce-metal-organic framework nanocomposite for an ultrasensitive non-enzymatic glucose sensor
- 105 Downloads
This work proposed a novel and facile in situ precipitation procedure for synthesis of CuO nanoparticles decorated hierarchical Ce-metal-organic framework nanocomposite (CuONPs/Ce-MOF). The Ce-MOF and CuONPs/Ce-MOF was characterized using electron microscopies, X-ray diffraction, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, and thermogravimetry analysis, which showed CuONPs uniformly on straw-sheaf-shaped Ce-MOF surface. In 0.1 M NaOH, CuONPs/Ce-MOF modified electrode showed excellent electrocatalytic activity to glucose oxidation, and the modified electrode was employed to construct a non-enzymatic glucose sensor. The proposed sensor displayed a wide linear range of 5 nM–8.6 mM spanned 6 orders of magnitude, an untrasensitivity of 2058.5 μA mM−1 cm−2, and a low detection limit of 2 nM (S/N = 3). In addition, this sensor displayed excellent repeatability, reproducibility, stability, and selectivity, and the results of glucose detection in human blood serum were very accurate. All these results indicated that CuONPs/Ce-MOF-modified electrode was a promising candidate for practical non-enzymatic sensing for glucose.
KeywordsCuO nanoparticles Ce-metal-organic framework Electrochemical sensor Glucose Non-enzyme
This work was financially supported by Advanced Catalysis and Green Manufacturing Collaborative Innovation Center (Changzhou University, 213164).
- 9.Li XR, Wei JL, Li Q, Zheng SS, Xu YX, Du P, Chen CY, Zhao JY, Xue HG, Xu Q, Pang H (2018) Nitrogen-doped cobalt oxide nanostructures derived from cobalt–alanine complexes for high-performance oxygen evolution reactions. Adv Funct Mater 28:1800886: 1–1800886: 7Google Scholar
- 22.Maaoui H, Singh SK, Teodorescu F, Coffinier Y, Barras A, Chtourou R, Kurungot S, Szunerits S, Boukherroub R (2017) Copper oxide supported on three-dimensional ammonia-doped porous reduced graphene oxide prepared through electrophoretic deposition for non-enzymatic glucose sensing. Electrochim Acta 224:346–354CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 31.Xiao X, Li Q, Yuan XY, Xu YX, Zheng MB, Pang H (2018) Ultrathin nanobelts as an excellent bifunctional oxygen catalyst: insight into the subtle changes in structure and synergistic effects of bimetallic metal-organic framework. Small Methods 1800240:1–7Google Scholar
- 41.Zhang ZH, Ji HF, Song YP, Zhang S, Wang MH, Jia CC, Tian JY, He LH, Zhang XJ, Liu CS (2017) Fe(III)-based metal–organic framework-derived core–shell nanostructure: sensitive electrochemical platform for high trace determination of heavy metal ions. Biosens Bioelectron 94:358–364CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 48.Wei H, Sun JJ, Guo L, Li X, Chen GN (2009) Highly enhanced electrocatalytic oxidation of glucose and shikimic acid at a disposable electrically heated oxide covered copper electrode. Chem Commun (20):2842–2844Google Scholar