Investigation on structural and electrical properties of FeMnO3 synthesized by sol-gel method
- 17 Downloads
Nanocrystalline FeMnO3 was synthesized by sol-gel method using succinic acid as a chelating agent. The structural and morphological characterizations of the synthesized material were carried out by using XRD, FT-IR, and SEM with EDX. The hysteresis loop at room temperature shows the antiferromagnetic behavior of the material. The variation in the frequency and temperature dependent dielectric constant illustrated the Maxwell-Wagner relaxation in the sample. Nyquist plot illustrated the grains resistance at higher frequency whereas at lower frequency it is dominated by the grain boundary resistance. The electrical modulus also confirms the relaxation process. The activation energy calculation of impedance and modulus shows the existence of oxygen vacancy. XPS analysis confirmed the existence of oxygen vacancy and different oxidation states of Fe3+/Fe2+ and Mn3+/Mn4+ in the material. Conductivity studies of the material were analyzed and fitted by using Jonscher Power law.
KeywordsSol-gel process Dielectric relaxation Electrical properties Impedance spectroscopy
Authors are grateful to VIT University for providing major financial support and excellent research facilities. The authors also thank Prof. S. Kalainathan, VIT University for providing the facilities to carry out dielectric studies.
- 9.Chen W, Zhu W, Ke C, Yang Z, Wang L et al (2010) Impedance spectroscopy and conductivity mechanism of CoFe2O4–Pb(Zr0.53Ti0.47)O3 composite thick films. J Alloys Compd 508:141–146Google Scholar
- 11.Rahmounia H, Smarib M, Cherifa B, Dhahrib E, Khirounia K (2015) Conduction mechanism, impedance spectroscopic investigation and dielectric behavior of La0.5Ca0.5−xAgxMnO3 manganites with compositions below the concentration limit of silver solubility in perovskites (0≤ x≤ 0.2). Dalton Trans 44(22):10457–10466CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Lick ID, Soria DB (2009) Synthesis of MnFeO3 from the oxidative thermal decomposition of Mn[Fe(CN)5NO]·2H2O. J Argent Chem Soc 97(1):102–108Google Scholar
- 19.Rahman MT, Ramana CV (2014) Impedance spectroscopic characterization of gadolinium substituted cobalt ferrite Impedance spectroscopic characterization of gadolinium substituted cobalt ferrite ceramics. J Appl Phys 164108:116Google Scholar
- 22.Lobo LS and Kumar AR (2016) Investigation of structural and electrical properties of ZnMn2O4 synthesized by sol–gel method. J Mater Sci Mater Electron 27(7):7398–7406Google Scholar
- 28.Raghasudha M, Ravinder D, Veerasomaiah P (2013) FTIR studies and dielectric properties of Cr substituted cobalt Nano ferrites synthesized by citrate-gel method. Nanosci Nanotechnol 3(5):105–114Google Scholar