Effects of raw materials on the electrochemical performance of Na-doped Li-rich cathode materials Li[Li0.2Ni0.2Mn0.6]O2
- 97 Downloads
Lithium-ion battery cathode materials Li1.2Ni0.2Mn0.6O2 and Li1.15Na0.05Ni0.2Mn0.6O2 were synthesized using different Na source through a facile ball-milling method. The XRD results reveal that all the cathode materials display a layered structure of solid solution. Charge/discharge tests demonstrate that the Li1.15Na0.05Ni0.2Mn0.6O2 electrode using LiAC and NaAC as raw materials shows an excellent electrochemical performance including high reversible discharge capacity (232 mAhg−1 at 0.2 C), enhanced rate capability (109 mAhg−1 at 5 C), and superior cycling stability (96.64% capacity retention after 80 cycles). Furthermore, EIS results also support that better raw materials can effectively decrease the charge transfer resistance and facilitate the Li diffusion coefficient of the as-prepared cathode material. It is also confirmed that the better electrochemical performance of the Na-doped sample Li1.15Na0.05Ni0.2Mn0.6O2 mainly come from the Na-doping process which stabilizes the host layered structure by suppressing the conversion from layered to spinel structure during cycling.
KeywordsLithium-ion battery Raw materials Na-doping Electrochemical performance
This study was financially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 51504225 and 51404220) and Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu Province (BK20150506 and BK20150535).
- 7.Wang J, He X, Paillard E (2016) Lithium- and manganese-rich oxide cathode materials for high-energy lithium ion batteries. Adv Energy Mater 6(21)Google Scholar
- 11.Li L, Wang L, Zhang X (2016) 3D reticular Li1.2Ni0.2Mn0.6O2 cathode material for lithium-ion batteries. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 9(2)Google Scholar
- 27.Liu Y, Liu D, Zhang Z, Zheng S (2017) Investigation of the structural and electrochemical performance of Li1.2Ni0.2Mn0.6O2 with Cr doping. Ionics (8):1–9Google Scholar
- 30.Xie H, Du K, Hu G (2016) The role of sodium in LiNi0.8Co0.15Al0.05O2 cathode material and its electrochemical behaviors. J Phys Chem C 120(6)Google Scholar
- 32.Wang D, Liu M, Wang X (2016) Facile synthesis and performance of Na-doped porous lithium-rich cathodes for lithium ion batteries. RSC Adv 6(62)Google Scholar
- 33.Chang ZR, Qi X, Wu F (2006) Preparation of co and Al coped LiNiO2 cathode material by using eutectic mixed lithium salt with lower melting point. Chem Eng 34:50–53Google Scholar