Highly improved AC conductivity of poly(aniline-o-fluoroaniline)
- 48 Downloads
An improved frequency dependent AC-conductivity ng of poly(aniline-co-o-fluoroaniline)s (PA-co-o-FAs) has been recorded which are synthesized by in-situ copolymerization of aniline with o-fluoroaniline by oxidation of the monomers mixture (in different molar feed ratios) using aqueous solution of ammonium persulfate as oxidant. The electrical AC conductivity of the copolymers has been measured at varying frequency condition. The dielectric behavior of PA-co-o-FA copolymers has also been recorded at varying frequency. The solid-state nature of copolymer PA-co-o-FA10 has been characterized by XRD analysis. The morphology and thickness of the copolymer film have been characterized by scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and transmission electron microscopy (TEM) study, respectively. The morphological and surface profile behavior of the copolymers has been studied by atomic force microscopy (AFM).
KeywordsPoly(aniline-o-fluoroaniline) Permittivity Particle size XRD AFM TEM SEM
The experimental analysis was performed with the support of CLU and CAM of the university.
The research work was carried out with the financial support of the Qatar University Doha.
- 2.Yamini K, Berguar R, Benyousef A, Morallon E (2018) Preparation of polypyrrole (PPy)-derived polymer/ZrO2 nanocomposites: Effects of nanoparticles interface and polymer structure, J Therm Anal Calorim. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10973-018-7347-z
- 12.Waware US, Rashid M, Summers GJ (2016) An Overview Of Physical Properties Of Poly(Aniline-Co-2-Fluoroaniline). J Multidiscip Eng Sci Technol 3(1)Google Scholar
- 13.Rusen E, Aurel D, Alexandra M, Leona C (2016) Novel facile method for obtaining CdSe/polyaniline/C60composite materials. Sci Rep :32237Google Scholar
- 14.Shama I, Lakshimi VS, Siddiqui AM, Husain M, Zulfequar M (2013) Synthesis, Electrical Conductivity, and Dielectric Behavior of Polyaniline/V2O5Composites. Int J Polym SciGoogle Scholar
- 18.Murtaza G, Ahmad I, Hakeem A, Mao P, Guohua X (2016) Synthesis, study of electrical,thermal behaviour of polypyrrole,polyaniline and polyaniline-polystyrene sulphonic acid composite. Dig J Nanomater Biostruct 11:477–488Google Scholar