Electrochemical sensor based on gold nanoparticle-multiwall carbon nanotube nanocomposite for the sensitive determination of docetaxel as an anticancer drug
- 134 Downloads
For the first time, a sensitive and selective method for determination of docetaxel (as an anti-cancer drug) at gold nanoparticle-multiwall carbon nanotubes/glassy carbon electrode (Au-MWCNTs/GCE) was suggested using cyclic voltammetry and differential pulse anodic stripping voltammetry (DPASV) method. After the construction of the electrochemical sensor and optimization of the effective parameters such as pH, accumulation time, and potential, the sensor was applied for the determination of docetaxel in the range of 0.3–3.3 μmol L−1. The results show that Au-MWCNTs significantly catalyzed the redox reaction of docetaxel during electrochemical detection. The limit of detection was estimated to be 90 nmol L−1 based on 3Sb/m. The performed studies showed that Au-MWCNTs/GCE has a good selectivity, sensitivity, and reproducibility. This sensor was used to determine the docetaxel in real samples (human urine and human serum), and the obtained data illustrate that fabricated electrochemical sensor is promising for use in routine analytical applications.
KeywordsModified electrodes Electrochemical sensors Docetaxel Gold nanoparticles Electrocatalytic determination
This research was supported by the Research Office of the Payame Noor University.
- 3.Su C-Y, Liu J-J, Ho Y-S, Huang Y-Y, Chang VH-S, Liu D-Z, Chen L-C, Ho H-O, Sheu M-T (2017) Development and characterization of docetaxel-loaded lecithin-stabilized micellar drug delivery system (LsbMDDs) for improving the therapeutic efficacy and reducing systemic toxicity. European Journal of Pharmaceutics and BiopharmaceuticsGoogle Scholar
- 7.Zhao X, Bi K, Wang X, Xue X, He B, Cui Y, Liu Z, Wang D, Chen X (2013) A UFLC–MS/MS method coupled with one-step protein precipitation for determination of docetaxel in rat plasma: comparative pharmacokinetic study of modified nanostructured lipid carrier. J Pharm Biomed Anal 83:202–208CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Ardiet CJ, Tranchand B, Zanetta S, Guillot A, Bernard E, Peguy M, Rebattu P, Droz J-P (1999) A sensitive docetaxel assay in plasma by solid-phase extraction and high performance liquid chromatography–UV detection: validation and suitability in phase I clinical trial pharmacokinetics. Investig New Drugs 17(4):325–333CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.Sepehri Z, Bagheri H, Ranjbari E, Amiri-Aref M, Amidi S, Rouini MR, Hosseinzadeh Ardakani Y (2018) Simultaneous electrochemical determination of isoniazid and ethambutol using poly-melamine/electrodeposited gold nanoparticles modified pre-anodized glassy carbon electrode. Ionics, DOI 10.1007/s11581-017-2263-yGoogle Scholar
- 30.Bagheri H, Shirzadmehr A, Rezaei M, Khoshsafar H (2018) Determination of tramadol in pharmaceutical products and biological samples using a new nanocomposite carbon paste sensor based on decorated nanographene/tramadol-imprinted polymer nanoparticles/ionic liquid. Ionics 24:833–843CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 33.Bagheri H, Hajian A, Rezaei M, Shirzadmehr A (2017) Composite of Cu metal nanoparticles-multiwall carbon nanotubes-reduced graphene oxide as a novel and high performance platform of the electrochemical sensor for simultaneous determination of nitrite and nitrate. J Hazard Mater 324:762–772CrossRefGoogle Scholar