Binding energy, structural, and dielectric properties of thin film of poly(aniline-co-m-fluoroaniline)
- 14 Downloads
Semi-transparent and conducting thin film of poly(aniline-co-m-fluoroaniline) has been synthesized by a conventional oxidative copolymerization method using an aqueous solution of aniline, m-fluoroanilne as the monomers and ammonium persulfate as an oxidizing agent. The binding energy and crystalline behavior of copolymer have been characterized by XPS and XRD studies, respectively. The morphological and surface profile characterization has been performed by atomic force microscopy (AFM), and the thickness of the thin film (50–100 nm) has been studied by transmission electron microscope (TEM). An electrical AC conductivity of the copolymers has been measured in the low- and high-frequency regime. The permittivity of copolymer PA-co-m-FA50 has a higher value than polyaniline in the high-frequency regime and decreases with the increase of frequency. The composition of each copolymer has been confirmed by binding energies of C-C, C-N, and C-F in the XPS study. The dielectric behavior of PA-co-m-FA50 copolymer has been recorded in low- and high-frequency regime.
KeywordsPolyfluoroaniline Permittivity Particle size XPS Binding energy XRD AFM TEM
The authors are thankful to the Qatar University and the Department of Chemistry, Aligarh College of Education, for providing necessary research facilities.
- 1.Sharma AL, Saxena V, Annaporni S, Malhotra BD (2001) Synthesis and characterization of a copolymer:poly(aniline-co-flouroaniline). App J Polymer Sci 81:1460–1466Google Scholar
- 4.Kwon AH, Conklin JA, Makhinson M, Kaner RB (1997) Chemical synthesis and characterization of fluro-substituted polyaniline. Synth Met 84:95–96Google Scholar
- 7.Vivekanandan J, Vijayanand PS, Mahudeswaran A, Anandarasu R (2015) Synthesis, characterization and application of new poly(aniline-co-4-fluroaniline) DBSA nano-composites as conducting material. J Poly Mater 32:265–276Google Scholar
- 8.Waware US, Hamouda AMS, Shahul Hameed A, Summers GJ (2017) Synthesis and characterization of electrically conductive poly(aniline-co-3-bromoaniline) nanocomposites. J Mater Sci Mater Electron 28(14):10693–10699Google Scholar
- 11.Liu SY, Cai Q, Zhu H, Jiang M (2005) Miscibility-complexation behavior and surface characterization of modified phenoxy resinpoly(butyl methacrylate-co-4-vinyl pyridine) blends. Chem J Chin Univ 26:1149–1155Google Scholar
- 13.Fusalba F, Belanger D (1999) Electropolymerization of polypyrrole and polyaniline-polypyrrole from organic acid medium. J Phys Chem B 103:9044–9054Google Scholar
- 18.Waware US, Rashid M, Summers GJ (2016) Poly(aniline-o-bromoaniline) and poly(aniline-o-fluoroaniline): A comparative study of their physical properties. J Adv Phys 6:269–273Google Scholar