Sensitive and selective electrochemical sensor of diuron against indole-3-acetic acid based on core-shell structured SiO2@Au particles
- 72 Downloads
In the current study, a simple, recoverable, and stable sensor was developed based on SiO2 spheres functionalized with 6-nm Au nanoparticles (SiO2@AuNPs). Fabrication procedures and analytical application of this sensor toward quantitative determination of diuron in the presence of interfering compound indole-3-acetic acid were verified by electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS), cyclic voltammetry (CV), and differential pulse voltammetry (DPV) methods. It has been observed that diuron oxidation at the surface of sensor occurred at a potential of about 1.09 V which was 210 mV higher than that of indole-3-acetic acid, confirming that this newly prepared sensor appeared to be a good platform for the selective detection of diuron. Moreover, DPV demonstrated a linear relationship from 0.20 to 55 μmol/L and a detection limit of 51.9 nmol/L for diuron. Finally, this sensor was utilized for the determination of diuron in complex vegetable samples.
KeywordsSiO2 spheres Ag nanoparticles Diuron Indole-3-acetic acid Electrochemical sensor
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (grant number 61201091), the Program for Science & Technology Innovation Talents in University of Henan Province (grant number 16HASTIT004), the Key Scientific and Technological Project of Henan Province (grant number 162102210126), the Key Scientific Research Projects in University of Henan Province (grant number 18A150047), the Open Fund Research Project of Culinary Science Key Laboratory of Sichuan Province (grant number PRKX2017Z01), and the Nanhu Scholars Program for Young Scholars of XYNU.
- 3.Bonnet JL, Bonnemoy F, Dusser M, Bohatier J (2007) Assessment of the potential toxicity of herbicides and their degradation products to nontarget cells using two microorganisms, the bacteria vibrio fischeri and the ciliate tetrahymena pyriformis. Environ Toxicol 22(1):78–91. https://doi.org/10.1002/tox.20237 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Rodríguez R, Picó Y, Font G, Mañes J (2001) Determination of urea-derived pesticides in fruits and vegetables by solid-phase preconcentration and capillary electrophoresis. Electrophoresis 22(10):2010–2016. https://doi.org/10.1002/1522-2683(200106)22:10<2010::AID-ELPS2010>3.0.CO;2-H CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Terzopoulou E, Voutsa D, Kaklamanos G (2015) A multi-residue method for determination of 70 organic micropollutants in surface waters by solid-phase extraction followed by gas chromatography coupled to tandem mass spectrometry. Environ Sci Pollut R 22(2):1095–1112. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-014-3397-3 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 11.Hengel M, Lee P (2014) Community air monitoring for pesticides-part 2: multiresidue determination of pesticides in air by gas chromatography, gas chromatography-mass spectrometry, and liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry. Environ Monit Assess 186(3):1343–1353. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10661-013-3395-9 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 15.Hajisafari M, Nasirizadeh N (2017) An electrochemical nanosensor for simultaneous determination of hydroxylamine and nitrite using oxadiazole self-assembled on silver nanoparticle-modified glassy carbon electrode. Ionics 23(6):1541–1551. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11581-016-1962-0 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 20.Gan T, Lv Z, Sun JY, Shi ZX, Liu YM (2016) Preparation of graphene oxide-wrapped carbon sphere@silver spheres for high performance chlorinated phenols sensor. Measurement 302:188–197Google Scholar
- 21.Taei M, Hadadzadeh H, Hasanpour F, Tavakkoli N, Dolatabadi MH (2015) Simultaneous electrochemical determination of ascorbic acid, epinephrine, and uric acid using a polymer film-modified electrode based on Au nanoparticles/poly(3,3′,5,5′-tetrabromo-m-cresolsulfonphthalein). Ionics 21(12):3267–3278. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11581-015-1515-y CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 22.Oh SD, Lee SH, Choi SH, Lee IS, Lee YM, Chun JH, Park HJ (2006) Synthesis of Ag and Ag–SiO2 nanoparticles by γ-irradiation and their antibacterial and antifungal efficiency against Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium and Botrytis cinerea. Colloids Surf A Physicochem Eng Asp 275(1-3):228–233. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colsurfa.2005.11.039 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 31.Shams N, Lim HN, Hajian R, Yusof NA, Abdullah J, Sulaiman Y, Ibrahim I, Huang NM, Pandikumar A (2016) A promising electrochemical sensor based on Au nanoparticles decorated reduced graphene oxide for selective detection of herbicide diuron in natural waters. J Appl Electrochem 46(6):655–666. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10800-016-0950-4 CrossRefGoogle Scholar