On a Nonautonomous SEIRS Model in Epidemiology
- First Online:
- 391 Downloads
In this paper, we derive some threshold conditions for permanence and extinction of diseases that can be described by a nonautonomous SEIRS epidemic model. Under the quite weak assumptions, we establish some sufficient conditions to prove the permanence and extinction of disease. Some new threshold values are determined.
KeywordsNonautonomous SEIRS epidemic model Disease Permanence Extinction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anderson, R.M., May, R.M., 1992. Infectious Disease of Humans, Dynamical and Control. Oxford University Press, Oxford. Google Scholar
- Diekmann, O., Heesterbeek, J.A.P., 2000. Mathematical Epidemiology of Infectious Diseases: Model Building, Analysis and Interpretation. Wiley, Chichester. Google Scholar
- Dowell, S.F., 2001. Seasonal variation in host susceptibility and cycles of certain infectious diseases. Emerg. Infect. Dis. 7, 369–374. Google Scholar
- London, W., Yorke, J.A., 1973. Recurrent outbreaks of measles, chickenpox and mumps: I. seasonal variation in contact rates. Am. J. Epidemiol. 98, 453–468. Google Scholar
- Ma, Z., Zhou, Y., Wang, W., Jin, Z., 2004. Mathematical Modelling and Research of Epidemic Dynamical Systems. Science, Beijing. Google Scholar