Implementation of 3-Valued Paraconsistent Logic Programming Towards Decision Making System of Agents
Due to the rapid development of applications of artificial intelligence and robotics in recent years, the necessity of reasoning and decision making with uncertain and inaccurate information is increasing. Since robots in the real world are always exposed to behavioral inaccuracies and uncertainty arising from recognition methods, they may occasionally encounter contradictory facts during reasoning on action decision.
Paraconsistent logic programming is promising to make appropriate action decisions even when an agent is exposed to such uncertain information or contradictory facts, but there has been no implementation of this programming to the best of our knowledge. We propose a resolution algorithm for the 3-valued paraconsistent logic programming system QMPT0 and its implementation on SWI-Prolog. We also describe an application of the 3-valued paraconsistent logic programming regarding agent decision making.
KeywordsAgent-based modelling for complex systems paraconsistent logic programming solver implementation declarative programming application for agents
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Angelotti, E. S., Scalabrin, E. E. & Ávila, B. C. (2001). PANDORA: a multi-agent system using paraconsistent logic, Proc. of ICCIMA 2001, pp. 352–356.Google Scholar
- Coniglio, M. E. & Oliveira, K. E. (2016). On 3-valued paraconsistent logic programming, Syntax Meets Semantics (SYSMICS) 2016.Google Scholar
- Dries, A., Kimmig, A., Meert, W., Renkens, J., den Broeck, G. V., Vlasselaer, J. & Raedt, L. D. (2015). Problog2: Probabilistic logic programming, Machine Learning and Knowledge Discovery in Databases, ECML PKDD 2015, LNCS, Vol.9286, 312–315.Google Scholar
- Fujita, M., Goto, Y., Nide, N., Satoh, K. & Hosobe, H. (2013). An architecture for autonomously controlling robot with embodiment in real world. Proc. of Knowledge Representation and Reasoning in Robotics (workshop at ICLP 2013), 59–71.Google Scholar
- Fujita, M., Goto, Y., Nide, N., Satoh, K. & Hosobe, H. (2014). Logic-based and robust decision making for robots in real world. Proc. of AAMAS’ 14, 1685–1686.Google Scholar
- Fujita, M., Goto, Y., Nide, N., Satoh, K. & Hosobe, H. (2016). Autonomous control of mobile robots using logical representation of map and inference of location. Proc. of IEEE ICA 2016, 78–81.Google Scholar
- Rao, A. S. & Georgeff, M. P. (1997). Modeling rational agents within a BDI-architecture. in M. N. Huhns & M. P. Singh (eds), Readings in Agents, Morgan Kaufmann, 317–328.Google Scholar
- Zhang, X., Zhang, Z. & Lin, Z. (2009). An argumentative semantics for paraconsistent reasoning in description logic. Proc. of 22nd International Workshop on Description Logics.Google Scholar