Global awareness, future city design and decision making
- 349 Downloads
Our world has been changing at an exponential rate. As a result of this rapid growth, we will be forced to make changes in not only the way we live in the environment but also in the environment itself such as designing the cities of the future to be in greater harmony with the increasing population and growing complexity. The paper contains both reflections on global awareness and comprehensive criteria and their priorities for choosing the most desirable city.
KeywordsGlobal awareness multicriteria decision making prioritization compact city
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Annissa, A., et al. (2011). Sustainable cities: oxymoron or the shape of the future? Cambridge, M: Harvard Business School, working Paper, 11–62Google Scholar
- Dantzig, G.B. & Saaty, T.L. (1973). Compact City (translated to Japanese and Russian). W.H. Freeman and CompanyGoogle Scholar
- Devan, J., Negri, S. & Woetzel, J.R. (2008). Meeting the challenges of China’s growing cities. McKinsey Quarterly, 3: 107–116Google Scholar
- Goodman, P. (1960). Percival Communitas. Vintage Press - Random House, 28, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- James, W. & Rouse, J.W. (1967). Cities that Work for Man - Victory Ahead. University of Puerto Rico symposium on “The City of the Future”. Alvin Toffler, op. cit., page 1Google Scholar
- Jenks, M. & Burgess, R. (2000). Compact Cities: Sustainable Urban Forms for Developing Countries. Spon, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Mumford, L. (1963). The Highway and the City. Secker and Warburg, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Saaty, T.L. (2012). Decision Making for Leaders; The Analytical Hierarchy Process for Decisions in a Complex World. RWS Publications, PittsburghGoogle Scholar
- Sankhe, S., Vittal, I., & Dobbs, R. et al. (2010). India’s Urban Awakening: Building Inclusive Cities, Sustaining Economic Growth - Executive Summary. McKinsey Global Institute, Washington, DCGoogle Scholar
- Wong, T. & Yuen, B. (2011). Understanding the Origins and Evolution of Eco-city Development: An Introduction in Eco-city Planning. Springer Science and Business Media, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Yeh, A.G.O. & Yuen, B. (2011). Introduction: High-Rise Living in Asian Cities, 1-8, ISSN: 978-90-481-9738-5Google Scholar