Effect of Configuration on the Photocatalytic Activity of AgNPs-TiO2 System
- 119 Downloads
This paper studies the effect of the configuration of silver nanoparticles (AgNPs)-TiO2 on the visible-light-driven photocatalytic activity (PA). Three configurations were fabricated by vacuum thermal deposition: configuration I, AgNPs deposited on the surface of TiO2 thin films; configuration II, AgNPs deposited on a glass and covered by TiO2 thin films; and configuration III, AgNPs deposited on the surface of TiO2 thin films and covered by TiO2. The PAs of the three configurations were studied and compared. Our study indicates that configuration II is the most cost-efficient one, while configuration III could obtain the highest visible light-induced PA. The maximum of PA could be achieved when the top layer of TiO2 is less than 2 nm. The mechanisms were discussed from three aspects, the influence of TiO2 thickness on the localized surface plasma resonance (LSPR) of AgNPs, the separation, and the transportation of hot carriers. By this study, the most effective way to make use of the PA of TiO2-AgNPs was scientifically searched out.
KeywordsPhotocatalytic activity Configuration of AgNPs-TiO2 LSPR of AgNPs Hot electrons transportation
This work is supported by the Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 11674081, 61671155) and the Natural Science Foundation of Anhui Province (No. 1708085MA11).
- 6.Wang BX (2017) Quad-band terahertz metamaterial absorber based on the combining of the dipole and quadrupole resonances of two SRRs. IEEE J Sel Top Quantum Electron 23:4700107Google Scholar
- 11.Yang XH, Fu HT, An XZ (2016) Comparative study on photocatalytic and bactericidal activity between Ag@TiO2 core-shell nanoparticles and Ag@TiO2 surface doped nanostructures. IEEE International Conference on Nanotechnology: IEEE-NANOGoogle Scholar
- 12.Zhang N, Liu S, Xu YJ (2012) Recent progress on metal core@semiconductor shell nanocomposites as a promising type of photocatalyst. Nano 4:2227–2238Google Scholar
- 15.Kamakshi K, Silva JPB, Sekhar KC, Agostinho Moreira J, Almeida A, Pereira M, Gomes MJM (2017) Substrate temperature effect on microstructure, optical, and glucose sensing characteristics of pulsed laser deposited silver nanoparticles. Plasmonics. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11468-017-0625-y CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 26.Fang YC, Zhang B, Hong L, Zhang K, Li GP, Jiang J, Yan R, Chen JL (2016) Mechanism of photocatalytic activity improvement of AgNPs/TiO2 by oxygen plasma oxidation. Nano 8:17004–17011Google Scholar