Synthesis and Optical Properties of Highly Stabilized Peptide-Coated Silver Nanoparticles
- 114 Downloads
The interaction between peptide and silver nanoparticle surfaces has been increasingly of interest for bionanotechnology applications. To fully understand how to control such interactions, we have studied the optical properties of peptide-modified silver nanoparticles. However, the impacts of peptide binding motif upon the surface characteristics and physicochemical properties of nanoparticles remain not yet fully understood. Here, we have prepared sodium citrate-stabilized silver nanoparticles and coated with peptide IVD (ID3). These nanomaterials were characterized by UV-visible, transmission electron microscopy (TEM), and z-potential measurement. The results indicate that silver nanoparticles (AgNP)-peptide interface is generated using ID3 peptide and suggested that the reactivity of peptide is governed by the conformation of the bound peptide on the nanoparticle surface. The peptide-nanoparticle interactions could potentially be used to make specific functionality into the peptide capped nanomaterials and antibacterial applications.
KeywordsSilver nanoparticles Peptide Z-potential Physicochemical properties
Author would like to thank to WPI, USA, and IISc, Bangalore, India for financial support.
- 2.Dykman LA, Khlebtsov NG (2011) Acta Nat 3(2):34–55Google Scholar
- 3.Yeh YC, Creran B, Rotello VM (2012) Nano 4(6):1871–1880Google Scholar
- 9.Kalakonda P, Banne S (2017) Nanotechnol Sci Appl 10:45–52Google Scholar
- 21.Yoganathan V (2012) Evaluation of the effects of antimicrobial peptides on endodontic pathogens in vitro. Otago, Otago 131 pGoogle Scholar
- 22.Ansari MA, Khan HM, Khan AA (2011) Biol Med 3(2):141–146Google Scholar
- 25.Alizadeh H, Salouti M, Shapouri R. Jundishapur J Microbiol. 2014;7(3)Google Scholar
- 33.Khan MAM, Kumar S, Ahamed M, Alrokayan SA, AlSalhi M (2011) S 6(1):1–8Google Scholar
- 36.Lin, K., Yi, J., Hu, S., Sun, J., Zheng, J., Wang, X., & Ren, B. 3 (7), 1248–1255, ACS Photonics(2016)Google Scholar