Nonlinear dynamics and analysis of a four-bar linkage with clearance
- 294 Downloads
In this paper, nonlinear dynamic behavior of a four-bar linkage considering clearance is studied. The dynamic model of the linkage with a clearance between coupler and rocker is developed firstly. Then the dynamic equations of this mechanism are solved by a numerical method. According to the calculated response, compliance, force and trajectory of pin in joint bearing are obtained. Effects of clearance magnitude and the relationship between a mechanism with clearance and without clearance are studied. By using Poincare Map, it is proved that strange attractors or chaos exist in the dynamic response. In addition, phenomena of chaos, periodic response and subharmonic response also can be found in the special condition. Bifurcation diagram is used to suggest that bifurcation and fractal phenomena exist in the dynamic response of this mechanism.
Keywordsfour-bar linkage chaos bifurcation strange attractors dynamics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dubowsky S, Freudenstein F. Dynamic of analysis of mechanical system with clearances. Part 1 Formation of dynamic model, Part 2 Dynamic response. ASME Engng Ind, 1971, 93B: 303–309Google Scholar
- 2.Dubowsky S, Gardner T N. Dynamic interactions of link elasticity and clearances connections in planar mechanical systems. Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 1975, 97(2): 652–661Google Scholar
- 9.Chang Z, Wang Y, Zhang C. Chaotic behavior in four-bar linkage with a clearance. Mechanical Science and Technology, 1998, 17(3): 87–91 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 10.Feng B. Numerical method for initial problems of general or stiffness ordinary differential equations. Numerical Calculation and Computer Application, 1982, 3 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 11.Guckenheimer J. Nonlinear Oscillations, Dynamical Systems and Bifurcation of Vector Field. Springer-Verlag, 1983Google Scholar
- 12.Chen Y. Bifurcation and Chaos Theory of Nonlinear Vibration System. Beijing: High Education Press, 1993 (in Chinese)Google Scholar