Experimental and theoretical investigation of zinc diffusion in N-GaSb
- 40 Downloads
Zinc diffusion process in N-GaSb was studied with excessive, appropriate and insufficient quantity of diffusion source (zinc pellets). Kink-and-tail type zinc concentration profiles obtained with appropriate zinc pellets quantity were successfully simulated using the assumption that the vacancy mechanism mediated by V Ga 0 and kick-out mechanism mediated by I Ga + take effect at the same time. It is found out that for diffusion temperature from 460°C to 500°C, the zinc surface concentration of the diffused samples has nearly no change and the logarithmic value of the zinc surface diffusion coefficient is linear with the reciprocal value of diffusion temperature; when the diffusion temperature is constant, both the zinc surface concentration and diffusion coefficient do not change with diffusion time.
KeywordsGaSb zinc diffusion kink-and-tail profile diffusion mediated by multiple defects
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Sulima O V, Bett A W, Mauk M G, et al. Diffusion of Zn in TPV materials: GaSb, InGaSb, InGaAsSb and InAsSbP. In: Thermophotovoltaic Generation of Electricity: Fifth Conference on Thermophotovoltaic Generation of Electricity. AIP Conf Proc, 2003, 653: 402–413Google Scholar
- 3.Schlegl T, Sulima O V, Bett A W. The influence of surface prepara tion on Zn-diffusion process in GaSb. In: Thermophotovoltaic Generation of Electricity: Sixth Conference on Thermophotovoltaic Generation of Electricity, TPV6. AIP conf Proc, 2004, 738: 396–403Google Scholar
- 8.Nicols S P. Self- and zinc diffusion in gallium antimonide. Master Dissertation. San Diego: University of California, 1998Google Scholar
- 9.Simcock M N, Santailler J L, Dusserre P, et al. Zinc diffusion in GaSb for thermophotovoltaic cell application. In: Thermophotovoltaic Generation of Electricity: Sixth Conference on Thermophotovoltaic Generation of Electricity, TPV6. AIP Conf Proc, 2004, 738: 303–310Google Scholar
- 10.Rai S K. Zinc diffusion in GaAsSb from spin-on glass dopant sources. Master Dissertation. Indiana: University of Notre Dame, 2004Google Scholar
- 15.Xia L F, Zhang Z X. Diffusion in Metals (in Chinese). Harbin: Harbin Institute of Technology Press, 1989. 48Google Scholar
- 17.Gu Z Y, Tian L W, Fu L W. Semiconductor Physics (in Chinese). Beijing: Publishing House of Electronics Industry, 1995. 16Google Scholar