Performance evaluation for underlay cognitive satellite-terrestrial cooperative networks
- 11 Downloads
With the continuously increasing demand for broadband applications and services, underlay cognitive satellite-terrestrial networks, enabling to accommodate better wireless services within the scarce spectrum, have attracted tremendous attentions recently. In this network, satellite communications are allowed to operate in the frequency bands allocated to terrestrial networks under the interference constraints imposed by terrestrial network, which may lead to a performance degradation of the satellite network. To guarantee the performance of the primary terrestrial network as well as the secondary satellite network, we introduce the cooperation into cognitive satellite-terrestrial networks and investigate the performance of the new framework, i.e., cognitive satellite-terrestrial cooperative network (CSTCN). Specifically, by restricting the transmit power of satellite communications with interference power constraints imposed by terrestrial communications, we firstly obtain the received signal-to-interference-plus-noise ratio (SINR) of the considered network. Moreover, by employing the moment generating function (MGF) approach, closed-form expressions for symbol error rate (SER) and outage probability (OP) of the considered cognitive network are derived. The analytical results obtained in this paper can provide theoretical support for optimizing the performance of satellite-terrestrial networks.
Keywordscognitive satellite-terrestrial cooperative network interference constraints moment generating function symbol error rate outage probability
This work was supported by National Key R&D Program of China (Grant No. 2016YFB1200202), National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 61771365), Natural Science Foundation of Shaanxi Province (Grant No. 2017JZ022), Programme of Introducing Talents of Discipline to Universities (111 Project) (Grant No. B08038), EU H2020 RISE TESTBED Project (Grant No. 734325), and EPSRC TOUCAN Project (Grant No. EP/L020009/1).
- 5.Zhang J X, Evans B, Imran M A, et al. Green hybrid satellite terrestrial networks: fundamental trade-off analysis. In: Proceedings of IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC’16), Nanjing, 2016Google Scholar
- 8.Sithamparanathan K, de Nardis L, Di Benedetto M G, et al. Cognitive satellite terrestrial radios. In: Proceedings of IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM’10), Miami, 2010Google Scholar
- 10.Wang C X, Wu S B, Bai L, et al. Recent advances and future challenges for massive MIMO channel measurements and models. Sci China Inf Sci, 2016, 59: 021301Google Scholar
- 12.Sharma S K, Chatzinotas S, Ottersten B. Satellite cognitive communications: interference modeling and techniques selection. In: Proceedings of IEEE Advanced Satellite Multimedia Systems Conference (ASMS) and Signal Processing for Space Communications Workshop (SPSC), Baiona, 2012. 111–118Google Scholar
- 14.Icolari V, Guidotti A, Tarchi D, et al. An interference estimation technique for satellite cognitive radio systems. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC’15), London, 2015. 892–897Google Scholar
- 18.Guidolin F, Nekovee M, Badia L, et al. A cooperative scheduling algorithm for the coexistence of fixed satellite services and 5G cellular network. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC’15), London, 2015. 1322–1327Google Scholar
- 23.Ruan Y H, Li Y Z, Zhang R, et al. Performance analysis of hybrid satellite-terrestrial cooperative networks with distributed alamouti code. In: Proceedings of IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC’16), Nanjing, 2016Google Scholar
- 26.Ruan Y H, Li Y Z, Wang C X, et al. Effective capacity analysis for underlay cognitive satellite-terrestrial networks. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC’17), Paris, 2017Google Scholar
- 28.Simon M K, Alouini M S. Digital Communication over Fading Channels. Hoboken: John Wiley & Sons, 2005Google Scholar
- 30.Adamchik V S, Marichev O I. The algorithm for calculating integrals of hypergeometric type functions and its realization in reduce systems. In: Proceedings of International Conference Symposium on Algebraic Computing, Tokyo, 1990. 212–224Google Scholar