Statistically robust resource allocation for distributed multi-carrier cooperative networks
- 156 Downloads
In this paper, we investigate joint subcarrier and power allocation scheme for distributed multicarrier cooperative networks with imperfect channel state information. Using practical channel estimation algorithms, the statistic model of the channel estimation error is first derived. Then based on the channel error model, the resource allocation scheme aims at maximizing the sum rate of the overall network. Specifically, both subcarrier allocation and power allocation are taken into account. In the subcarrier allocation, a realistic problem of the power leakage between neighboring subcarriers is also addressed. Furthermore, based on Lagrange dual-decomposition algorithm, a practical power allocation algorithm is proposed. Finally, the simulation results demonstrate the performance advantages of the proposed robust design.
Keywordsefficient resource assignment robust power allocation orthogonal frequency division multiple access cooperative radio multi-carrier
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Doufexi A, Armour S. Design considerations and physical-layer performance results for 4G OFDMA system employing dynamic subcarrier allocation. In: IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, Berlin, 2005. 357–361Google Scholar
- 3.Bulakci O, Saleh A B, Redana S, et al. Flexible backhaul resource sharing and uplink power control optimization in LTE-advanced relay networks. In: Proceedings of IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, San Francisco, 2011. 1–6Google Scholar
- 8.Rhee W, Cioffi J M. Increase in capacity of multiuser OFDM system using dynamic subchannel allocation. In: Proceedings of IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, Tokyo, 2000. 1085–1089Google Scholar
- 11.Yu G D, Zhang Z Y, Chen Y, et al. Power allocation for non-regenerative OFDM relaying channels. In: Proceedings of IEEE Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing, Wuhan, 2005. 185–188Google Scholar
- 13.She J, Yu G, Zhang Z, et al. Resource allocation in OFDM based multihop wireless networks. In: Proceedings of IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, Melbourne, 2006. 319–323Google Scholar
- 14.Kwak R, Cioffi J M. Resource-allocation for OFDMA multi-hop relaying downlink systems. In: Proceedings of IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference, Washington DC, 2007. 3225–3229Google Scholar
- 15.Baum D S, Hansen J, Salo J. An interim channel model for beyond-3G systems: extending the 3GPP spatial channel model (SCM). In: Proceedings of IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, Stockholm, 2005. 3132–3136Google Scholar
- 17.Stuber G L. Principles of Mobile Communication. 2nd ed. Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic, 2001Google Scholar
- 18.Gora J, Redana S. Resource management issues for multi-carrier relay-enhanced systems. EURASIP J Wirel Commun Netw, 2012: 124Google Scholar