Community structure detection in social networks based on dictionary learning
- 455 Downloads
Discovering community structures is a fundamental problem concerning how to understand the topology and the functions of complex network. In this paper, we propose how to apply dictionary learning algorithm to community structure detection. We present a new dictionary learning algorithm and systematically compare it with other state-of-the-art models/algorithms. The results show that the proposed algorithm is highly effectively at finding the community structures in both synthetic datasets, including three types of data structures, and real world networks coming from different areas.
Keywordscommunity structure detection dictionary learning least squares error regression nonnegative matrix factorization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.White S, Smyth P. A spectral clustering approach to finding communities in graphs. In: SIAM International Data Mining Conference. Newport Beach: SIAM, 2005. 76–84Google Scholar
- 8.Lee D D, Seung H S. Algorithms for non-negative matrix factorization. In: Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems. Vancouver: MIT Press, 2001. 556–562Google Scholar
- 10.Ramírez I, Sprechmann P, Sapiro G. Classification and clustering via dictionary learning with structured incoherence and shared features. In: CVPR. San Francisco: IEEE, 2010. 3501–3508Google Scholar
- 13.Long B, Xu X, Zhang Z, et al. Community learning by graph approximation. In: ICDM’ 07: Proceedings of the 2007 Seventh IEEE International Conference on Data Mining. Omaha: IEEE, 2007. 232–241Google Scholar
- 17.Zachary W W. An information flow model for conflict and fission in small groups. J Anthropol Res, 1977, 33: 452–473Google Scholar
- 20.Knuth D E. The Stanford GraphBase: a Platform for Combinatorial Computing. MA: Addison-Wesley, 1993.Google Scholar