Color image enhancement based on HVS and PCNN
- 211 Downloads
To enhance color images more effectively, a novel strategy is presented in this paper. We firstly translate the image to be enhanced from RGB space into HIS space, secondly keep its H component unchanged, and thirdly stretch its S component exponentially, and at last process its I component in the following manner: couple both the gray value and the spatial information into an inner activity item of corresponding neuron, integrate the human visual system into a dynamic component of corresponding neuron, and compare the inner activity item with dynamic component to obtain the enhanced image. Experiments demonstrate the effectiveness and validity of our strategy.
Keywordsimage enhancement human visual system (HVS) pulse coupled neural network (PCNN) color image
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Zhang Y D, Wu L N. Image segmentation based on 2D Tsallis entropy with improved pulse coupled neural networks (in Chinese). Southeast Univ J (Nat Sci Ed). 2008, 38: 579–584Google Scholar
- 8.Stevens S S. On the psychophysical law. Psych Rev, 1957, (64): 173Google Scholar
- 9.Chen W X. An analytical expression of weber ratio (in Chinese). Acta Pshych Sin. 1996, 28: 419–424Google Scholar
- 10.Zhang Y D, Wu L N, Wei G. A novel fitting formula for spatial conceal effect (in Chinese). Chin Opt Appl Opt, 2008, 1: 70–74Google Scholar
- 11.Ma Y D, Li L, Zhan K, et al. PCNN and Digital Image Processing (in Chinese). Beijing: Science Press. 2008Google Scholar
- 12.Huang K Q, Wang Q, Wu Z Y, et al. Multi-scale color image enhancement algorithm based on human visual system (in Chinese). J Image Graph, 2003, 8: 1242–1246Google Scholar