A PN sequence estimation algorithm for DS signal based on average cross-correlation and eigenanalysis in lower SNR conditions
- 86 Downloads
According to the demand of spread spectrum signal processing in lower SNR conditions, a novel algorithm for blind estimation of the pseudo-noise (PN) sequence of the direct sequence spread spectrum (DSSS) signal is proposed based on the similarities among the DSSS signals and the eigenanalysis technique. Firstly, through segmentation processing and average cross-correlation calculation, the starting symbol of PN sequence is determined. Then, by utilizing the eigenanalysis technique PN sequence can be estimated accurately without any information of the DSSS signal. By theoretical analysis and logical deduction, two conclusions about the estimation efficiency and estimation error between the proposed algorithm and the existing algorithms are presented and proved. Simulation results show that compared with the existing algorithms under the same condition, the proposed algorithm not only overcomes the partial-encode problem, but also improves estimation performance by 2 dB, which indicates that the proposed algorithm achieves an accurate estimation of PN sequence in lower SNR conditions.
Keywordslower SNR average cross-correlation eigenanalysis technique pseudo-noise sequence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Li Z, Chen Y X, Diao S L, et al. A receiver for meteor burst communication based on equalizer coefficients direct adaptation via channel acquisition. Acta Elect Sin, 2005, 33: 1729–1733Google Scholar
- 4.Davies N C, Maundrell M J, Arthur P C. Modern aircraft HF communications into the 21st century. In: Proc IEE Colloquium on Air-To-Ground Commun. London, 1997. 2/1–2/9Google Scholar
- 7.Nilsson J E M. Coding of spread spectrum signals for HF communications. In: Proc IEEE MILCOM’95, Sweden, 1995. 352–356Google Scholar
- 8.Hang T Q, Lin X K, Zhou Z Z. A new method for periodic and sequence estimation of the PN code in the lower SNR DS/SS signals. Chin J Radio Sci, 2005, 20: 400–405Google Scholar
- 9.Sun J W, Shen Q F, Yuan L. A new segment correlation and amplitude accumulation method of direct sequence spread spectrum signal pseudo random code period. Mod Def Technol, 2006, 34: 73–75Google Scholar
- 10.Zi X J, Xie D, Yi K C. The duration estimation of the PN sequence of DSSS signal based on fourth-order cumulant. Electron Inf Warfare Technol, 2006, 21: 18–21Google Scholar
- 11.Zhang T Q, Zhou Z Z, Guo Z X. A method for the PN code sequence estimation of DS/SS signals based on neural network method. Signal Process, 2001, 17: 533–537Google Scholar
- 13.Zhang H B, Lu M. Blind estimation of PN spreading sequence based on subspace tracking. Syst Eng Electron, 2006, 28: 1470–1473Google Scholar
- 14.Gilles B, Bouder C. Blind estimation of the pseudo-random sequence of a direct sequence spread spectrum signal. In: Proc IEEE MILCOM’00, Los Angeles, 2000. 967–970Google Scholar
- 16.Zhang T Q, Zhou Z Z, Chen Q B, et al. Particular eigen-structure of DS-SS signals under narrow band interferences. J Data Acqui Process, 2007, 22: 31–37Google Scholar
- 17.Zhang J, Zhan Y. A method for blind estimation of PN sequence in negative SNR DSSS signal. Commun Count, 2006, (2): 10–13Google Scholar