Least trace extended set-membership filter
To improve the consistency of estimation result, a least-trace extended set-membership filter (LTESMF) is presented for a class of nonlinear stochastic systems, which has linear output and unknown-but-bounded noise. Feedback technique is used instead of the intersection of ellipsoid-sets in the measurement update. The feedback parameter is optimized in order to minimize the trace of error bounded ellipsoid’s envelop matrix. A new stability analysis method was developed to prove the stochastic system’s stability by using the convergence of some measurement of the error bounded ellipsoid. Analysis result shows that the estimation error of LTESMF will converge to a bounded area. A simulation of SINS/GPS integrated alignment with large misalignment angles is conducted. The results demonstrate that the convergence speed and the consistency of LTESMF are much better than those of extended Kalman filter (EKF), in addition the steady estimation precision and computational complexity are close to that of EKF.
Keywordsset-membership estimation nonlinear system convergence upper bound least trace stability analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zhu F L. Research on observers of nonlinear control systems (in Chinese). PhD thesis. Shanghai: Shanghai Jiaotong University, 2001Google Scholar
- 2.Xiong K, Zhang H Y. Application of particle filter in INS nonlinear alignment (in Chinese). J Chin Inertial Tech, 2003, 11: 20–26Google Scholar
- 4.He Q. Study on method and application of set-membership estimation theory (in Chinese). PhD thesis. Hunan: Hunan University, 2002Google Scholar
- 5.He Q, Zhang J. A square root extended set membership algorithm with applications to nonlinear system estimation. In: IEEE Proceed Int Conf on Intelligent Computation Tech and Automation, Changsha, Hunan, China, 2008. 559–562Google Scholar
- 6.He Q, Zhang J. Set membership state estimation for nonlinear systems in the presence of bounded disturbances. In: IEEE Proceedings The 26th Chin Control Conf, Zhangjiajie, Hunan, China, 2007. 196–201Google Scholar
- 13.Zhou B, Han J D. An enhanced adaptive set-membership filter for nonlinear ellipsoidal estimation. In: Proceedings IEEE American Control Conference, New York, USA, 2007. 5135–5140Google Scholar
- 15.Cheng P. Theory of Linear System (in Chinese). Beijing: BUAA Press, 2004. 89–94Google Scholar
- 16.Gao J Y. Computer Control System (in Chinese). Beijing: Higher Education Press, 2004. 169–174Google Scholar
- 17.Jean-Jacques E S, Wei P L. Applied Nonlinear Control. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1992. 36–48Google Scholar