An optimized non-unitary linear precoding design for OSTBCs
- 21 Downloads
This paper tackles the optimization of non-unitary linear precoding design for orthogonal space-time block codes (OSTBCs). We dig out the transmission potentials by the analysis from eigen-space point of view according to the unique structure of OSTBCs. The proposed precoding form is proven to be theoretically optimized. Compared with the classical unitary Grassmannian codebook design, the non-unitary codebook further improves the overall performance of practical systems. The constraint on codebook size to guarantee full diversity order is given and proven. Based on this, we investigate the codebook construction method combined with a water-filling (WF) technique to reduce the impact of antenna correlation. The advantages of the novel design are verified via numerical simulations.
Keywordsmulti-antenna linear precoding OSTBCs non-unitary design antenna correlation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Paulraj A J, Gore D A, Nabar R U. Introduction to Space-Time Wireless Communications. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2003. 87–98, 112–126, 163–177Google Scholar
- 5.Jindal N. MIMO broadcast channels with finite rate feedback. Globecom’05, IEEE, 2005, 3: 1520–1524Google Scholar
- 6.Ravindran N, Jindal N. Multi-user diversity vs. accurate channel feedback for MIMO broadcast channels. In: ICC’08, IEEE, Beijing, 2008. 3684–3688Google Scholar
- 12.Meyer C D. Matrix Analysis and Applied Linear Algebra. Philadelphia: SIAM, 2001. 279–295Google Scholar
- 15.Alexiou A. Error probability, diversity and coding gain considerations in space-time coded systems with linear precoding. In: IWAT’ 07, Cambridge, 2007. 215–217Google Scholar
- 16.Sanayei S, Love D J, Nosratinia A. On the design of linear precoders for orthogonal space-time block codes with limited feedback. In: WCNC’05, IEEE, New Orleans, 2005. 489–493Google Scholar