Analysis and side peaks identification of Chinese DTTB signal ambiguity functions for passive radar
- 93 Downloads
Passive radar is one of the current research focuses. The implementation of the Chinese standard digital television terrestrial broadcasting (DTTB) creates a new opportunity for passive radar. DTTB system contains single-carrier and multicarrier application modes. In this paper, ambiguity functions of the DTTB signals in the single-carrier and multicarrier application modes are analyzed. Ambiguity function of the DTTB signal contains one main peak and many side peaks. The relative positions and amplitudes of the side peaks are derived and the reasons for the occurrence of the side peaks are obtained. The side peaks identification (SPI) algorithm is proposed for avoiding the false alarms caused by the side peaks. Experimental results show that the SPI algorithm can indentify all the side peaks without the power loss. This research provides the foundation for designing the DTTB based passive radar.
Keywordspassive radar DTTB ambiguity function side peaks identification
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Wang X M, Wu M Q, Wang Z. “Slient sentry” in future warfare-passvie radar (in Chinese). Modern Military Affairs, 2000, (10): 10–12Google Scholar
- 4.Tao R, Wang Y. Research on the development of distributed passive detection system (in Chinese). J Shenzhen Univ Sci Eng, 2004, 21(4): 101–106Google Scholar
- 5.Griffiths H D, Long N R W. Television based bistatic radar. IEE Proc F Commun Radar, 1986, 133(7): 649–657Google Scholar
- 7.Zhao H L, Wang J, Bao Z. The effect of sub-carriers on the spectra and ambiguity functions of FM stereo broadcast signals (in Chinese). Acta Electron Sin, 2004, 32(3): 468–471Google Scholar
- 8.Yang Y F, Tao R, Wang Y, et al. A model of GSM based passive radar signal and ambiguity function features (in Chinese). Acta Electron Sin, 2005, 33(6): 1048–1052Google Scholar
- 9.Gao Z W, Tao R, Shan T. Side peaks analysis and suppression of DVB-T signal ambiguity function for passive radar (in Chinese). Acta Electron Sin, 2008, 36(3): 505–509Google Scholar
- 12.Richards M A. Fundamentals of Radar Signal Processing. Boston: McGraw-Hill, 2005, 169–176Google Scholar
- 14.Framing Structure, Channel Coding and Modulation for Digital Television Terrestrial Broadcasting System (in Chinese). Chinese National Standard, GB20600-2006, 2006Google Scholar
- 19.Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB); Framing Structure, Channel Coding and Modulation for Digital Terrestrial Television. European Telecommunications Standards Institute, EN 300 744 V1.5.1, 2004Google Scholar