SNR estimation algorithm based on the preamble for wireless OFDM systems
- 138 Downloads
Based on the analysis of the performance of Boumard’s SNR method for wireless orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM) systems, a new estimation algorithm of the noise variance is proposed by only using the data samples of the two training symbols in the preamble, and the second order moment of these data samples is employed to estimate the signal power. The average SNR and the SNRs on the subchannels can all be estimated by the proposed algorithm, and its performance is independent of the channel’s frequency selectivity. Simulation results show that the performance of the proposed method is highly improved and much better than that of Boumard’s method.
Keywordsorthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM) SNR estimation preamble wireless channel
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Wiesel J, Gddberg, Messer H. Non-data-aided signal to noise ratio estimation. In: IEEE Proc. ICC2002. New York: IEEE Press, 2002. 197–201Google Scholar
- 7.He S S, Torkelson M. Effective SNR estimation in OFDM system simulation. IEEE Global Telecommun Conf, 1998, (2): 945–950Google Scholar
- 8.Athanasios D, Kalivas G. SNR estimation for low bit rate OFDM systems in AWGN channel. In: International Conference on Systems and International Conference on Mobile Communications and Learning Technologies Networking, ICN/ICONS/MCL. 2006. 198–198Google Scholar
- 9.Boumard S. Novel noise variance and SNR estimation algorithm for wireless MIMO OFDM systems. IEEE Global Telecommun Conf, 2003, (3): 1330–1334Google Scholar
- 10.Xu X D, Jing Y, Yu X H. Subspace-based noise variance and SNR estimation for OFDM systems. IEEE Mobile Radio Appl Wireless Commun Network Conf, 2005, (1): 23–26Google Scholar
- 11.Xu H L, Wei G, Zhu J K. A novel SNR estimation algorithm for OFDM. IEEE Vehic Tech Conf, VTC 2005-Spring, 2005, (5): 3068–3071Google Scholar
- 13.Erceg V, Baum D S, Smith M S, et al. Channel models for fixed wireless applications. IEEE 802.16.3c-01/29r4, July 2001Google Scholar