Robust consensus of multi-agent systems with time-varying delays in noisy environment
- 214 Downloads
Over the last ten years, the consensus of multi-agent systems (MAS) has received increasing attention from mechanics, mathematics, physics, engineering sciences, social sciences, and so on. It is well known that the robustness of consensus of MAS is usually determined by several key factors, including noise, time-delays, and packet drop. In this paper, we introduce a general time-delayed MAS model with noise and also further investigate its robust consensus. In particular, we prove that the proposed algorithm is robust against the bounded time-varying delays and bounded noises. The effectiveness and robustness of the proposed consensus algorithm has been validated in the classical Vicsek model with time-varying delays. And two simulation examples are also given to justify the above theoretical results. These results may have some potential applications in various fields, including mechanics, biology, and engineering sciences.
Keywordsmulti-agent systems time-varying delay noise robust consensus Vicsek model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.Blondel V D, Hendrickx J M, Olshevsky A, et al. Convergence in multiagent coordination, consensus, and flocking. In: Proc the 44th IEEE Conf Decision Contr and Europ Contr Conf 2005, Seville, Spain, 2005. 2996–3000Google Scholar
- 10.Liu Z, Guo L. Connectivity and synchronization of Vicsek model. Sci China Ser F-Inf Sci, 2007, 37: 979–988Google Scholar
- 11.Li S, Wang H. Multi-agent coordination using nearest-neighbor rules: Revisiting the Vicsek model. arXiv:cs/0407021, 2004Google Scholar
- 20.Horn R A, Johnson C R. Matrix Analysis. Cambridge: Cambridge Univ Press, 1986Google Scholar
- 21.Guo L. Time-Varying Stochastic Systems. Changchun: Jilin Science and Technology Press, 1993Google Scholar
- 29.Chen Y, Lü J, Lin Z. Consensus of discrete-time multi-agent systems with nonlinear local rules and time-varying delays. In: Proc the 48th IEEE Conf Decision Contr and Chin Contr Conf 2009, Shanghai, 2009. 7018–7023Google Scholar