Bifurcation analysis on full annular rub of a nonlinear rotor system
- 118 Downloads
In this paper, analytical and numerical studies are carried out on the full annular rub motions of a nonlinear Jeffcott rotor. Transition sets of the synchronous full annular rub are given with the help of averaging method and constraint bifurcation theory to discuss the effects of system parameters on jump phenomena. Routh-Hurwitz criteria are employed to analyze the stability of synchronous full annular rub solution and determine the boundaries of static and Hopf bifurcations. Finally, the response and onset condition of reverse dry whip are investigated numerically, and at the same time, the influences of rotor parameters and rotation speed on the characteristics of the rotor response are investigated.
Keywordsnonlinear rotor dynamics synchronous full annular rub constraint bifurcation stability of motion reverse dry whip
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Chu F L, Tang X Y, Tang Y. Stability of a rub-impact rotor system (in Chinese). J Tsinghua Univ (Sci Tech), 2000, 40: 119–123Google Scholar
- 3.Zhang S J, Zhou L B, Lu Q S. A map method for grazing bifurcation in linear vibro-impact system (in Chinese). Chin J Theor Appl Mech, 2000, 39: 132–136Google Scholar
- 11.Xu W N, Zhang W, Xu B. Analytical study of synchronous full annular rub motion of flexible stator and rotor system (in Chinese). J Vib Shock, 2007, 25: 1–9Google Scholar
- 13.Bartha A R. Dry friction backward whirl of rotors: theory, experiments, results, and recommendations. In: Proceedings of 7th International Symposium on Magnetic Bearings. ETH Zurich, 2000. 231–238Google Scholar
- 14.Crandall S. From whirl to whip in rotordynamics. In: Transactions of the IFToMM 3rd International Conference on Rotordynamics. Lyon, 1990. 19–26Google Scholar
- 18.Ma J M, Zhang W, Zheng T S. Analysis for rub-impact condition of Jeffcott rotor (in Chinese). Grinder Grinding, 2003, S1: 68–70Google Scholar
- 19.Ma J M, Zhang W, Zheng T S. Influence of rotor system parameters on critical rotation speed for rubbing (in Chinese). J Southwest Jiaotong Univ, 2003, 38: 537–539Google Scholar
- 20.Liu X D, Li Q H, Yang S P. The stability and Hopf bifurcation in the annular impact-rub of rotating machinery with imbalance (in Chinese). J Vib Eng, 1999, 12: 40–46Google Scholar
- 22.Wu Z Q, Chen Y S. Classification of bifurcations for nonlinear dynamical problems with constraints (in Chinese). Appl Math Mech, 2002, 23: 477–482Google Scholar
- 23.Wu Z Q, Chen Y S. New bifurcation patterns in elementary bifurcation problems with single-side constraint (in Chinese). Appl Math Mech, 2001, 22: 1135–1141Google Scholar