Genetic mining of the “dark matter” in fungal natural products
- 37 Downloads
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was supported by the National Key Research and Development Program of China (2018YFD0400200), the National Natural Science Foundation of China (31861133004), and the Biological Resources Program, Chinese Academy of Sciences (KFJ-BRP-009). We thank Mrs. Jie Fan (University of Marburg) for critically reading and discussing the manuscript.
Compliance and ethics The author(s) declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- Fan, J., Liao, G., Kindinger, F., Ludwig-Radtke, L., Yin, W.B., and Li, S.M. (2019). Peniphenone and Penilactone Formation in Penicillium crustosum via 1,4-Michael Additions of ortho-Quinone Methide from Hydroxyclavatol to γ-Butyrolactones from Crustosic Acid. J Am Chem Soc 141, 4225–4229.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Li, R., Li, Z.X., Ma, K., Wang, G., Li, W., Liu, H.W., Yin, W.B., Zhang, P., and Liu, X.Z. (2019a). Strategy for efficient cloning of biosynthetic gene clusters from fungi. Sci China Life Sci 11.Google Scholar
- Lyu, H.N., Liu, H.W., Keller, N.P., and Yin, W.B. (2019). Harnessing diverse transcriptional regulators for natural product discovery in fungi. Nat Prod Rep 75.Google Scholar
- Pfannenstiel B.T., Keller N.P. (2019). On top of biosynthetic gene clusters: How epigenetic machinery influences secondary metabolism in fungi. Biotechnol Adv S0734-9750(19)30012-6.Google Scholar
- Qin, B., Matsuda, Y., Mori, T., Okada, M., Quan, Z., Mitsuhashi, T., Wakimoto, T., and Abe, I. (2016). An unusual chimeric diterpene synthase from Emericella variecolor and its functional conversion into a sesterterpene synthase by domain swapping. Angew Chem Int Ed 55, 1658–1661.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Zhang, J.J., Tang, X., and Moore, B.S. (2019). Genetic platforms for heterologous expression of microbial natural products. Nat Prod Rep 71.Google Scholar