Selective hydrogenation of citral over Au-based bimetallic catalysts in supercritical carbon dioxide
- 160 Downloads
Selective hydrogenation of citral was investigated over Au-based bimetallic catalysts in the environmentally benign supercritical carbon dioxide (scCO2) medium. The catalytic performances were different in citral hydrogenation when Pd or Ru was mixed (physically and chemically) with Au. Compared with the corresponding monometallic catalyst, the total conversion and the selectivity to citronellal (CAL) were significantly enhanced over TiO2 supported Pd and Au bimetallic catalysts (physically and chemically mixed); however, the conversion and selectivity did not change when Ru was physically mixed with Au catalyst compared to the monometallic Ru/TiO2, and the chemically mixed Ru-Au/TiO2 catalyst did not show any activity. The effect of CO2 pressure on the conversion of citral and product selectivity was significantly different over the Au/TiO2, Pd-Au/TiO2, and Pd/TiO2 catalysts. It was assumed to be ascribed to the difference in the interactions between Au, Pd nanoparticles and CO2 under different CO2 pressures.
Keywordssupercritical CO2 citral hydrogenation bimetallic catalysts synergistic effects
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 22.Malinowski A. Hydrodechlorination of dichlorodifluoromethane (CFC-12) on silica-supported palladium and palladium-gold catalysts. Pol J Chem, 2002, 76: 1461–1466Google Scholar
- 29.Schwank J. Gold in bimetallic catalysts. Gold Bull, 1985, 18: 2–10Google Scholar
- 30.Milone C, Tropeano ML, Gulino G, Neri G, Ingoglia R, Galvagno S. Selective liquid phase hydrogenation of citral on Au/Fe2O3 catalysts. Chem Commun, 2002, 868–869Google Scholar
- 33.Zhao F, Ikushima Y, Shirai M, Ebina T, Arai M. Influence of electronic state and dispersion of supported platinum particles on the conversion and selectivity of selective hydrogenation of α,β-unsaturated aldehyde in supercritical carbon dioxide. J Mol Catal A, 2002, 180: 259–265CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 36.Zhao F, Ikushima Y, Shirai M, Ebina T, Arai M. Influence of electronic state and dispersion of supported platinum particles on the conversion and selectivity of selective hydrogenation of α,β-unsaturated aldehyde in supercritical carbon dioxide. J Mol Catal A, 2002, 180: 259–265CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 38.Poliakoff M, Howdle S. Supercritical chemistry: Synthesis with a spanner. Chem Ber, 1995, 31: 118–121Google Scholar
- 44.Ichikawa S, Tada M, Iwasawab Y, Ikariya T. The role of carbon dioxide in chemoselective hydrogenation of halonitroaromatics over supported noble metal catalysts in supercritical carbon dioxide. Chem Commun, 2005, 924–926Google Scholar
- 46.Augustine RL. Dekker Inc M, New York, 1996Google Scholar