Characteristic Decomposition: From Regular Sets to Normal Sets
- 33 Downloads
In this paper it is shown how to transform a regular triangular set into a normal triangular set by computing the W-characteristic set of their saturated ideal and an algorithm is proposed for decomposing any polynomial set into finitely many strong characteristic pairs, each of which is formed with the reduced lexicographic Gr¨obner basis and the normal W-characteristic set of a characterizable ideal.
KeywordsCharacteristic decomposition characteristic pair normal set regular set,W-characteristic set
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors wish to thank an anonymous referee who pointed out some unclarity in an early version of the proof of Theorem 4.4 and provided the authors with helpful suggestions for improving the paper.
- Chou S C and Gao X S, Ritt-Wu’s decomposition algorithm and geometry theorem proving, Proceedings of CADE-10, Ed. by Stickel M, Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg, 1990, 207–220.Google Scholar
- Hubert E, Notes on triangular sets and triangulation-decomposition algorithms I: Polynomial systems, Symbolic and Numerical Scientific Computation, Eds. by Winkler F and Langer U, Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg, 2003, 143–158.Google Scholar
- Faugère J C, A new efficient algorithm for computing Gröbner bases without reduction to zero (F 5), Proceedings of ISSAC 2002, Ed. by Mora T, ACM Press, 2002, 75–83.Google Scholar
- Kapur D, Sun Y, and Wang D, A new algorithm for computing comprehensive Gröbner systems, Proceedings of ISSAC 2010, Ed. by Watt S, ACM Press, 2010, 29–36.Google Scholar
- Dahan X, On lexicographic Gröbner bases of radical ideals in dimension zero: Interpolation and structure, arXiv: 1207.3887, 2012.Google Scholar
- Gao X S and Chou S C, Solving parametric algebraic systems, Proceedings of ISSAC 1992, Ed. by Wang P, ACM Press, 1992, 335–341.Google Scholar
- Dong R and Mou C, Decomposing polynomial sets simultaneously into Gröbner bases and normal triangular sets, Proceedings of CASC 2017, Eds. by Gerdt V, Koepf W, Seiler W, et al., Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg, 2017, 77–92.Google Scholar
- Wang D, Dong R, and Mou C, Decomposition of polynomial sets into characteristic pairs, arXiv: 1702.08664, 2017.Google Scholar