Ritt-Wu Characteristic Set Method for Laurent Partial Differential Polynomial Systems
In this paper, a Ritt-Wu characteristic set method for Laurent partial differential polynomial systems is presented. The concept of Laurent regular differential chain is defined and its basic properties are proved. The authors give a partial method to decide whether a Laurent differential chain A is Laurent regular. The decision for whether A is Laurent regular is reduced to the decision of whether a univariate differential chain A1 is Laurent regular. For a univariate differential chain A1, the authors first give a criterion for whether A1 is Laurent regular in terms of its generic zeros and then give partial results on deciding whether A1 is Laurent regular.
KeywordsNewton polygon Laurent partial differential polynomial system Laurent regular triangular set Ritt-Wu characteristic set
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Wu W T, Mathematics Mechanization, Science Press/Kluwer, Beijing, 2001.Google Scholar
- Li B H, Hilbert problem 15 and Ritt-Wu method (I), Journal of Systems Science and Complexity, 2019, 32(1): 47–61.Google Scholar
- Li X and Maza M M, Fast arithmetic for triangular sets: From theory to practice, International Symposium, 2007, 269–276.Google Scholar
- Yang L, Zhang J Z, and Hou X R, Non-Linear Algebraic Equations and Automated Theorem Proving, Shanghai Science and Education Pub., Shanghai, 1996.Google Scholar
- Sit W Y, The Ritt-Kolchin theory for differential polynomials, Differential Algebra and Related Topics, 2002, 1–70.Google Scholar