Caryopincaolide M, a rearranged abietane diterpenoid with new skeleton and a new iridoid from Caryopteris incana
- 107 Downloads
Caryopincaolide M (1), a new rearranged abietane diterpenoid with an unusual pent-4-enoic acid group on a 6/6/5 tricyclic ring system, and 7-epi-8-dehydroxypatriscabrol (3), a new iridoid, together with 17 known compounds, have been isolated from the whole plant of Caryopteris incana (Thunb.) Miq. Their structures were elucidated on the basis of 1-D and 2-D NMR, IR, and mass spectroscopic data. Compounds 1–5 were evaluated for their inhibitory activities against enzyme α-glucosidase, and the results showed that only 1 has moderate inhibitory activity against enzyme α-glucosidase with IC50 at 528.3 ± 12.37 mg/L.
KeywordsCaryopteris incana Diterpenoid Iridoid α-glucosidase
Financial support from the National Nature Science Foundation of China (No. 21672152) is gratefully acknowledged.
- 5.Zhang YH, Wang YL, Wei QY, Cai YJ, Wang Q, Liu ZL (2005) Diterpenoids from the Chinese herb Caryopteris terniflora and their antibacterial and antitumor activity. Pharmazie 60:551–553Google Scholar
- 6.Yu DJ, Wu ZY, Cui HB (1982) Flora of China, vol 65. Science Press, Beijing, p 198Google Scholar
- 9.Cocker W, Crowley KJ, Srinivasan K (1972) The chemistry of terpenes. Part XV. Some oxygenated derivatives of p-menthane. J Chem Soc 1972:1971–1980Google Scholar
- 18.Li HB, Yu Y, Wang ZZ, Xiao W, Yao XS (2014) Research on antiviral constituents in Re-Du-Ning injection. China Tradit Herb Drugs 12:1682–1687Google Scholar
- 19.Wang DD, Liu SQ, Chen YJ, Wu LJ, Sun JY, Zhu TR (1982) Study on the active constituents of Syringa oblata. Acta Pharm Sinica 12:11Google Scholar
- 23.Chen T, Kan YJ, Chou GX, Zhang CG. (2017) A new highly oxygenated pregnane and two new 5-hydroxymethylfurfural derivatives from the water decoction of Poria cocos. J Asian Nat Prod Res 1–7Google Scholar