New phenanthrene and 9, 10-dihydrophenanthrene derivatives from the stems of Dendrobium officinale with their cytotoxic activities
- 389 Downloads
Two new phenanthrene and 9, 10-dihydrophenanthrene derivatives (1–2) with six known congeners (3–8) were isolated from the extraction of stems of Dendrobium officinale. Compounds 1 and 2 were based on carbon skeleton in which phenanthrene and 9, 10-dihydrophenanthrene moiety were linked with a phenylpropane unit through a dioxane bridge, respectively. Their structures were determined by comprehensive NMR spectroscopic data, the absolute configuration of new compounds were determined by comparing their experimental and calculated ECD for the first time. All the compounds were investigated contains two cancer cell lines (HI-60, THP-1). All the isolates showed cytotoxicity, especially compound 4 showed markedly cytotoxic activities against HI-60 and THP-1 cell lines with IC50 values of 11.96 and 8.92 μM.
KeywordsDendrobium officinale Phenanthrene derivative 9,10-dihydrophenanthrene Derivative Cytotoxicity
We are appreciative of the Testing and Analysis Center of Shenyang Pharmaceutical University for the NMR measurements.
- 2.Jiangsu new medical college (1986) Dictionary of Chinese Herb Medicines. Shanghai Scientific and Technologic Press, Shanghai, p 586Google Scholar
- 3.Liu Q-F, Zhao W-M (2003) A new dendrobine-type alkaloid from Dendrobium nobile. Chin Chem Lett 14:278–279Google Scholar
- 16.Huang Y-L, Lai H-L, Shen J-C, Chen F-C, Chen C-C (2000) Stilbenoids from the stems of Dendrobium Sonia. Chin Pharmacol J 52:305–311Google Scholar
- 20.Dongho L, Muriel C, Jose S-V, James G-G, Fernando C, Harry H-SF, John M-P, Kinghorn A-D (2001) A novel cyclooxygenase-inhibitory stilbenolignan from the seeds of Aiphanes aculeata. Org Lett 14:2169–2171Google Scholar
- 21.Sun H, Hu Q, Jin H, Wang Y-Z (2017) Research advances in chemical constituents and pharmacological activities of Dendrobii officinalis caulis. Chin J Exp Tradit Med Form 23:225–234Google Scholar