Reorienting the Past: Performances of Hindu Textual Heritage in Contemporary India
- 158 Downloads
KeywordsYoga Treatise Epic Content Hindu Study Southeast Asian Study South Asian Language
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dumont, Louis and David F. Pocock. 1957. “For a sociology of India.” Contributions to Indian Sociology 1, 1: 7–22.Google Scholar
- Flueckiger, Joyce Burkhalter and Laurie Sears, eds. 1991. Boundaries of the Text: Epic Performances in South and Southeast Asia. Ann Arbor: Center for South and Southeast Asian Studies, University of Michigan.Google Scholar
- Freeman, Richard J. 1999. “Texts, Temples, and the Teaching of Tantra in Kerala.” In Jackie Assayag, ed., The Resources of History: Tradition, Narration and Nation in South Asia, 63–79. Paris: École française d’Extrê-Orient.Google Scholar
- Gerow, Edwin. 2000. “India as a Philosophical Problem: McKim Marriott and the Comparative Enterprise.” Journal of the American Oriental Society 120, 3: 410–29.Google Scholar
- Gros, François. 2006. “Negotiating with the Past.” In Kannan M. and Carlos Mena, eds., Negotiations with the Past: Classical Tamil in Contemporary Tamil, xix–xxxvii. Pondicherry: Institut français de Pondichéry.Google Scholar
- Lardinois, Roland. 2013. Scholars and Prophets: Sociology of India from France 19th–20th Centuries. Delhi: Social Science Press.Google Scholar
- Lutgendorf, Philip. 1991. The Life of a Text: Performing the Rāmcaritmānas of Tulsidas: University of California Press.Google Scholar
- Marriott, McKim. 1989. “Constructing an Indian Ethnosociology.” Contributions to Indian Sociology (n.s.) 23, 1: 1–39.Google Scholar
- Michaels, Axel. 2005. “General Preface to the ‘Heidelberg Studies in South Asian Rituals’.” In Jörg Gengnagel, Ute Hüsken, and Srilata Raman, eds., Words and Deeds: Hindu and Buddhist Rituals in South Asia, 7–13. Wiesbaden: Harrassowitz Verlag.Google Scholar
- Richman, Paula, ed. 1991. Many Rāmāyaṇas: The Diversity of a Narrative Tradition in South Asia. Berkeley: University of California Press.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2014