Torsions of 3-dimensional small covers
In this paper, it is shown that for a 3-dimensional small cover M over a polytope P, there are only 2-torsions in H1(M; Z). Moreover, the mod 2 Betti number growth of finite covers of M is studied.
KeywordsMod 2 Betti number growth Small cover Hyperbolic manifolds
2000 MR Subject Classification57M10 20F55 51M10
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors would like to thank Zhi Lü for introducing them to the topic on small covers.
- Andreev, E., On convex polyhedra of finite volume in Lobačevskiĭ space, Math. USSR Sbornik, 12(3), 1971, 225–259.Google Scholar
- Koberda, T., Homological eigenvalues of mapping classes and torsion homology growth for fibered 3-manifolds, 2012, arXiv: 1205.0215.Google Scholar
- Liu, Y., Immersing quasi-fuchsian surfaces of odd euler characteristic in closed hyperbolic 3-manifolds, J. Differential Geom., to appear.Google Scholar
- Reid, A., The geometry and topology of arithmetic hyperbolic 3-manifolds, Proc. Symposium Topology, Complex Analysis and Arithmetic of Hyperbolic Spaces, Kyoto 2006, RIMS Kokyuroku Series, 1571, 2007, 31–58.Google Scholar
- Rolfsen, D., Knots and links, corrected reprint of the 1976 original, Mathematics Lecture Series, 7, Publish or Perish, Inc., Houston, TX, 1990.Google Scholar
- Trevisan, A., Generalized Davis-Januszkiewicz spaces and their applications to algebra and topology, Ph. D. thesis, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Amsterdam, 2012.Google Scholar