Hierarchical Structures on Multigranulation Spaces
- 119 Downloads
Though many hierarchical structures have been proposed to analyze the finer or coarser relationships between two granulation spaces, these structures can only be used to compare the single granulation spaces. However, it should be noticed that the concept of multigranulation plays a fundamental role in the development of granular computing. Therefore, the comparison between two multigranulation spaces has become a necessity. To solve such problem, two types of the multigranulation spaces are considered: one is the partition-based multigranulation space, the other is the covering-based multigranulation space. Three different hierarchical structures are then proposed on such two multigranulation spaces, respectively. Not only the properties about these hierarchical structures are discussed, but also the relationships between these hierarchical structures and the multigranulation rough sets are deeply investigated. It is shown that the first hierarchical structure is consistent with the monotonic varieties of optimistic multigranulation rough set, and the second hierarchical structure is consistent to the monotonic varieties of pessimistic multigranulation rough set, the third hierarchical structure is consistent to the monotonic varieties of both optimistic and pessimistic multigranulation rough sets.
Keywordshierarchical structure multicovering rough set multigranulation rough set multigranulation space
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- von Neumann J. The general and logical theory of automata. In Cerebral Mechanisms in Behavior — The Hixon Symposium, Jeffress L A (ed.), John Wiley & Sons, 1951, pp.1-41.Google Scholar
- Lin T Y. Granular computing: Practices, theories, and future directions. In Encyclopedia of Complexity and Systems Science, Meyers R A (ed.), Springer, 2009, pp.4339-4355.Google Scholar
- Pawlak Z. Rough Sets: Theoretical Aspects of Reasoning about Data. Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1991.Google Scholar
- Zhang L, Zhang B. Theory and Application of Problem Solving: Theory and Application of Granular Computing in Quotient Space. Tsinghua University Press, 2007. (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- Qian Y H, Liang J Y. Rough set method based on multigranulations. In Proc. the 5th IEEE Int. Conf. Cognitive Informatics, July 2006, pp.297-304.Google Scholar
- Qian Y H, Liang J Y, Wei W. Pessimistic rough decision. Journal of Zhejiang Ocean University (Natural Science), 2010, 29(5): 440–449.Google Scholar
- Zhang Q H,Wang G Y, Hu J, Teng H T.Approximation partition spaces of covering space.In Proc. the 2007 IEEE Int. Conf. Granular Computing, November 2007, pp.199-204.Google Scholar
- Zhang Q H,Wang G Y, Liu X Q. Hierarchical structure analysis of fuzzy quotient space. Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence, 2008, 21(5): 627–6434. (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- Zhang Q H, Wang G Y. The uncertainty measure of hierarchical quotient space structure. Mathematical Problems in Engineering, 2011, Article No. 513195.Google Scholar