A spatially structured genetic algorithm for multi-robot localization
- 125 Downloads
In this paper the multi-robot localization problem is addressed. A new framework based on a spatially structured genetic algorithm is proposed. Collaboration among robots is considered and is limited to the exchange of sensor data. Additionally, the relative distance and orientation among robots are assumed to be available. The proposed framework (MR-SSGA) takes advantage of the cooperation so that the perceptual capability of each robot is extended. Cooperation can be set-up at any time when robots meet, it is fully decoupled and does not require robots to stop. Several simulations have been performed, either considering cooperation activated or not, in order to emphasize the effectiveness of the collaboration strategy.
KeywordsMobile robot Localization Genetic algorithms Complex networks
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Parker LE (2000) Current state of the art in distributed robot systems. In: Proceedings of distributed autonomous robotic systems, vol 4Google Scholar
- 2.Kurazume R, Nagata S, Hirose S (1994) Cooperative positioning with multiple robots. In: IEEE international conference on robotics and automationGoogle Scholar
- 3.Rekleitis IM, Dudek G, Milios EE (2002) Multi-robot cooperative localization: a study of trade-offs between efficiency and accuracy. In: IEEE/RSJ international conference on intelligent robot and systemGoogle Scholar
- 4.Rekleitis IM, Dudek G, Milios EE (2003) Probabilistic cooperative localization and mapping in practice. In: IEEE international conference on robotics and automationGoogle Scholar
- 8.Martinelli A, Pont F, Siegwart R (2005) Multi-robot localization using relative observation. In: IEEE international conference on robotics and automationGoogle Scholar
- 9.Martinelli A, Siegwart R (2005) Observability analysis for mobile robot localization. In: IEEE/RSJ international conference on intelligent robot and systemGoogle Scholar
- 10.Gasparri A, Panzieri S, Pascucci F, Ulivi G (2007) A spatially structured genetic algorithm over complex networks for mobile robot localization. In: IEEE international conference on robotics and automationGoogle Scholar
- 13.Ashlock D, Smucker M, Walker J (1999) Graph Based Genetic Algorithms. In: Congress on evolutionary computationGoogle Scholar