Dynamic analysis of international green behavior from the perspective of the mapping knowledge domain
- 83 Downloads
Green behavior is an important part of the study of green development. To promote green development, it is necessary to engage in further innovation on the basis of lessons from international advancements in green behavior. To clarify the spatial and temporal distribution characteristics of international researchers in the study of green behavior, the research focus, and the research frontiers, a visual analysis was performed on 22,114 articles cited in the SSCI and SCI-EXPANDED databases from 2000 to 2017. This analysis was based on bibliometrics and mapping knowledge domain (MKD) analysis with CiteSpace 5.3.R4, a scientific and technological text-mining and visualization software. The results show that international green behavior research has the following main characteristics. First, a positive correlation was found between the number of papers and time. Second, research is highly valued by researchers in the natural sciences, such as ecology. The USA is involved in major research efforts and maintains a high level of cooperation with other countries and regions. International cooperation among institutions needs to be strengthened. The co-cited journals are primarily academic journals in the natural sciences. Third, research hotspots mainly focus on the theory of planned behavior (TPB), consumers, attitudes, performance, and environment, all of which evolve according to the phase path of “germination-growth.” Fourth, the research frontier issues are largely related to management science and environmental science, and the research objects and methods will become increasingly complex and interdisciplinary over time.
KeywordsMapping knowledge domain Green behavior CiteSpace Bibliometrics Visualization
This work was also supported by the Special Funds of the National Social Science Fund of China (18VSJ038).
- Du JG, Yu XH, Meng QF (2016) Evolution of enterprise’s productive behavior of green products based on computational experiments. Soft Sci 30(11):66–70+90. https://doi.org/10.13956/j.ss.1001-8409.2016.11.14 (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- Gaviria-Marin M, Merigó JM, Baier-Fuentes H (2018) Knowledge management: a global examination based on bibliometric analysis. Technol Forecast Soc Chang. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.techfore.2018.07.006
- Guo B, Zhen J, Tan M (2014) Empirical analysis of city dwellers’ consumption behavior of green agricultural products. J Huazhong Agric Univ (Soc Sci Ed) 03:82–90. https://doi.org/10.13300/j.cnki.hnwkxb.2014.03.018 (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- He ZT, Yan L, Xie XB, Duan XH (2014) Identification and analysis on critical influential factors of green behavior decision-making for enterprises in resource-based industry cluster. China Popul Resour Environ 24(10):170–176 (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- Kim HJ (2005) A study on visualization of digital preservation knowledge domain using CiteSpace. J Korean Soc Libr Inf Sci 39(4):89–104. https://doi.org/10.4275/kslis.2005.39.4.089
- Li WN, Wu KJ (2013) Relationship among stakeholders, green management and performance. Sci Sci Manage Sci Tech 34(5):89–96 (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- Prothero A, Dobscha S, Freund J, Kilbourne WE, Luchs MG, Ozanne LK, Thøgersen J (2011) Sustainable consumption: opportunities for consumer research and public policy. J Public Policy 30(1):31–38. https://doi.org/10.1509/jppm.30.1.31
- Wang JM, Wu LC (2015) Two-factor model of affection-behavior in green purchase: hypotheses and test. J Manag Sci 28(6):80–94. https://doi.org/10.3969/j.issn.1672-0334.2015.06.007 (In Chinese)
- Xie XB, Wu Y, Feng ZL, Hao ZT (2015) Identification and analysis on critical influential factors of green behavior decision-making for enterprises in resource-based industry cluster. China Popul Resour Environ 25(6):5–11 (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- Zhang HY (2010) Empirical study on the green agricultural products’ consumer behavior in Guangzhou and its influential factors. J Northwest A&F Univ (Soc Sci Ed) 10(04):52–56. https://doi.org/10.13968/j.cnki.1009-9107.2010.04.026 (In Chinese)Google Scholar